Using the "not ready" option for jerks?

margaritaville

I've never done this and i don't know if we are even allowed to. But if a customer is making you wait in a purposeful way just to screw with you, have you ever used the "not ready" option?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Not ready is for call tags and ods pickups that are not ready. Our rookies use not ready on call tags, especially if they are covering a route for one day. Lazy little turds.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I've never done this and i don't know if we are even allowed to. But if a customer is making you wait in a purposeful way just to screw with you, have you ever used the "not ready" option?

You will become a better driver when you realize you are in control at delivery/pickup stops.
If you wait anywhere, it is because you are doing them a favor.
When you can exhibit authority while not being rude, you've become a legit driver.

barnyard

KTM rider
I did years ago, but have not really had that repeated in years. Either it is the routes that I am covering are where good people live and work or the regular guys on those routes treat their people well, so I get treated well when they are not there.

Walgreens is where I have used it in the past. When they started their expansion, they demanded that all UPS deliver to the back door. When that started, they would sometimes ignore the ringer. If I waited too long, I left an infonote and sheeted as NR. I did that at at least 3 stores. It also seems like it got better at all of them after a year or so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have the "pleasure" of delivering NDA to Walgreens. I will go around back, push the buzzer, wait for no more than 2 minutes and then drive out front and deliver through the front door. I go around back per their request and to satisfy Telematics but still have NDA that needs to be delivered.

clean hairy

NR for a COD when they want to wait while they find the checkbook. Or, want you to wait while they get M.O. at the corner store for certified funds only.

Fnix

Ive had supes ride with me for safety rides and if the customer has us waiting the supe told me to sheet as NR. I assume NR is better than refused because it still gives them two more attempts. I have used refused before for customer who think their time is more important and not more than an hour later get an ODS message to reattempt.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
These people know how to play the system too. They always call the center and the center has us going back. Can't win either way.

Duckwithapipboy

Ive had supes ride with me for safety rides and if the customer has us waiting the supe told me to sheet as NR. I assume NR is better than refused because it still gives them two more attempts.

Not a driver so it might seem a stupid question, but how does that work? Working with a retail UPS store's iShip program shows me that a customer can request a call tag pickup or one with three attempts for more money. So pulling an NR will still "allow" you to go back to a shipper's location for another pick up attempt even if they didn't pay for it? Or is this just assuming they paid for the three attempt option?

Always thought that it was one attempt and if you didn't have your shipment ready it was "Oh well, here's the label, go drop it off at a store."

Fnix

Not a driver so it might seem a stupid question, but how does that work? Working with a retail UPS store's iShip program shows me that a customer can request a call tag pickup or one with three attempts for more money. So pulling an NR will still "allow" you to go back to a shipper's location for another pick up attempt even if they didn't pay for it? Or is this just assuming they paid for the three attempt option?

Always thought that it was one attempt and if you didn't have your shipment ready it was "Oh well, here's the label, go drop it off at a store."

Customers receive 3 attempts on call tags and deliveries. If they have an ODS (On Demand Service) pick up in which the customer specially requests a pickup before a certain time of the day they receive one attempt.

Some call tags in which the driver has with them they can leave with the customer if they dont have the item ready and the customer can ship it out themselves.

Rack em

Made the Podium
A business is an ass and makes me wait NR1. If they make me reattempt I will go back 2 minutes before they close. Either way I win.
I've done this at Target. I got there and the receiving guy was "on break" at 8:20 in the morning and no one else would sign. So I NI1'd everything and left. Got the message to reattempt and I didn't go back until around 4:55.

Rack em

Made the Podium
If customers dont answer doorbell at backdoors i use it after waiting my max of 3 minutes...keep on truckin'
What gets me are these big retail stores like k-mart, target, shopko, etc. that never have anyone in receiving. How is that possible! I used to call the store and have them send someone back, but now I do what you do and wait maybe 2 minutes and just leave.

NXA

You will become a better driver when you realize you are in control at delivery/pickup stops.
If you wait anywhere, it is because you are doing them a favor.
When you can exhibit authority while not being rude, you've become a legit driver.
"It's alright, I can try again tomorrow. " smile. Slap the info note on the desk, scan it. CL1. (NR is for call tags ) reattempt? , as mentioned, sure, at closing time.

542thruNthru

Walmart always tried this crap with me. Used to tell me what number I was in line. I'd sheet everything NR1 and leave. Get the Msg to return and I'd come back 1 minute before the receiving closed. After 3 weeks of doing this every day they started dropping 2 pallets at my truck as soon as they saw me.

A week ago I had to deal with a customer in a apt on the 5th floor. He wanted to ship out 17 boxes and needed labels. I dropped labels off 2 hours before the pick up time. When I returned he wasn't ready. Put NR in the pick up and left. When he complained and they told me to come back. I showed up at 845pm with a big smile on my face. ;)