USPS BOSS: WE IN DEEP DOO-DOO!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They spent over 4 billion in overtime costs alone. How much of that is from Amazon overload?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They lose money on every package. But make up for it in volume!
It's crazy. Our carrier works Sunday making 3x time to dump off Amazon. Their trucks are too small for that stuff.

I thought they should cut out Saturday mail and develop a hub and spoke system like UPS. Have part timer's sort and load. This way, the carrier can cover much more area in the paid day.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's crazy. Our carrier works Sunday making 3x time to dump off Amazon. Their trucks are too small for that stuff.

I thought they should cut out Saturday mail and develop a hub and spoke system like UPS. Have part timer's sort and load. This way, the carrier can cover much more area in the paid day.
It seems like they are not delivering regular mail on Saturdays so they can deliver Amazon instead.

DriverNerd

The USPS has way more issues than just increasing efficiency and reducing overtime. They have an fleet desperately in need of replacement, shipping prices that don't cover the cost of doing business, lazy lazy lazy employees (a generalization - don't complain to me that you work there and are a hard worker - of course there are hard workers there), unethical business practices (UPS isn't the most honest company, but if they miss service it might say weather or some other BS; USPS on the other hand with process the package as delivered, then send it out again the next day to maintain service commitments), and prefunding pension obligations (yes, this is not their fault at all I know, but still a problem).