USPS BOSS: WE IN DEEP DOO-DOO!

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3221_52.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They lose money on every package. But make up for it in volume!
It's crazy. Our carrier works Sunday making 3x time to dump off Amazon. Their trucks are too small for that stuff.

I thought they should cut out Saturday mail and develop a hub and spoke system like UPS. Have part timer's sort and load. This way, the carrier can cover much more area in the paid day.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's crazy. Our carrier works Sunday making 3x time to dump off Amazon. Their trucks are too small for that stuff.

I thought they should cut out Saturday mail and develop a hub and spoke system like UPS. Have part timer's sort and load. This way, the carrier can cover much more area in the paid day.
It seems like they are not delivering regular mail on Saturdays so they can deliver Amazon instead.

DriverNerd

The USPS has way more issues than just increasing efficiency and reducing overtime. They have an fleet desperately in need of replacement, shipping prices that don't cover the cost of doing business, lazy lazy lazy employees (a generalization - don't complain to me that you work there and are a hard worker - of course there are hard workers there), unethical business practices (UPS isn't the most honest company, but if they miss service it might say weather or some other BS; USPS on the other hand with process the package as delivered, then send it out again the next day to maintain service commitments), and prefunding pension obligations (yes, this is not their fault at all I know, but still a problem).

From a former UPS-TSG (1999-2004) worker who has been at USPS for 16 years as a rural carrier:

They lose money on every package. But make up for it in volume!
I said that to a USPS "manager" one time and he seriously argued with me that you can eventually make money losing money on everything.
Last I heard he has moved up several positions in management.

Heard it from many places, but no one knows for sure, but they are charging Amazon 0.67 for smalls and 1.69 for the heavy dog food, Scott's turf builder, etc. I”m sure they haven’t even bothered calculating the cost of “Churn and burn hiring”, workman’s cost claims, disability, etc.

They spent over 4 billion in overtime costs alone. How much of that is from Amazon overload?
At my office, almost 100%, the only exceptions are, day after holiday, Christmas or weather related.

It seems like they are not delivering regular mail on Saturdays so they can deliver Amazon instead.
Yes, happens all the time.

Just this Thursday, when I finished my route at 6:30 p.m, two routes were still sitting in the case undelivered. The packages were delivered first while the mail stayed in the P.O.

Trainees are quitting as soon as they finish training, once they realize they are going to have to deliver 200-300 packages in their own car with no guarantee of hours, :censored2: on by management and other carriers, little to no benefits, who could blame them.

Going into fall, it’s a collapse waiting to happen, volume will pickup even more (Amazon Prime - October, Christmas).

The political mail avalanche is starting already, super cheap rates for politicians and free upgrade to first class, so why not? Four or five mailings per day, so about 3,500-4000 pieces per route.

Hopefully, I'm out soon.

CtrlAltDel

USPS is also charging money to apply for the Post Office. I had a resident ask me about it and I thought it was a scam until my nephew applied. I never seen other companies do this.

I need to jump out of the sinking Titanic (post office) soon.

JJinVA

USPS is also charging money to apply for the Post Office. I had a resident ask me about it and I thought it was a scam until my nephew applied. I never seen other companies do this.

Wow, paying money just to apply, only to be told no later possibly. That does sound scammy af

CtrlAltDel

This "USPS Equipment Reduction Plan" was announced on May 15, 2020. The news media's villain, the PMG didn't take over til July 15, 2020. If you see how the post office is run, you wouldn't be surprised at the billions it loses each year. It's been losing that amount in the last decade.

About an hour ago, the President has compromised to allow USPS funding if they can get the Stimulus checks rolling among other things they are negotiating.

Wow, paying money just to apply, only to be told no later possibly. That does sound scammy af

Especially when the turnover rate is high. I just had a new CCA that just quit this past week. Three weeks into the job. But i heard she was only delivering 4 packages an hour which is really really bad. It looks like they are just hiring anybody now, who pays that fee.

JJinVA

This "USPS Equipment Reduction Plan" was announced on May 15, 2020. The news media's villain, the PMG didn't take over til July 15, 2020. If you see how the post office is run, you wouldn't be surprised at the billions it loses each year. It's been losing that amount in the last decade.

About an hour ago, the President has compromised to allow USPS funding if they can get the Stimulus checks rolling among other things they are negotiating.

Especially when the turnover rate is high. I just had a new CCA that just quit this past week. Three weeks into the job. But i heard she was only delivering 4 packages an hour which is really really bad. It looks like they are just hiring anybody now, who pays that fee.

Im not even playing, I saw a postal worker driving around on my route, driving up to mail boxes, sticking her hand out like she was putting something in there but she wasnt, and then driving to the next one. She did it to about 20 mail boxes that I could see before I was out of view. I kept thinking, why even bother driving up to them if you dont have anything to deliver? To make yourself feel like youre part of a vital operation or something?

rod

Retired 22 years
Im not even playing, I saw a postal worker driving around on my route, driving up to mail boxes, sticking her hand out like she was putting something in there but she wasnt, and then driving to the next one. She did it to about 20 mail boxes that I could see before I was out of view. I kept thinking, why even bother driving up to them if you dont have anything to deliver? To make yourself feel like youre part of a vital operation or something?
They are required to scan a barcode at certain boxes to make sure they can be "accounted for"----sound familiar?

Mack37

That’s because it is a scam. Your nephew and that customer are idiots, sorry. Applying for a job at USPS.com/careers obviously cost nothing. Stay away from those pay site scams that promise to get you a job with USPS or other government agencies.