UT OH

DiadTrainer

I had a NDA envelope that I delivered to the FD. 10° and 40mph wind gusts and I wanted to make sure my customer received their package ontime and intact, so I opened the glass screen door to leave the envelope in a Non Blow Away place...

problem is soon as I opened the glass screen door, the wind gust whipped it right off the hedges! cold pissed and scared, I left a taped note on the door about what happened....and that flew off too.

will I need union representation when the customer reviews their security cameras? I wouldve taken pics with my phone, but didnt want it flying away like a kid with a balloon

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Did you report it to your supervisor? If not then make sure you have your steward with you if you talk to management. This is why I try not to open screen doors period.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
If 40mph wind took it off it's hinges, and you were operating the door normally, then the door had to have already been broken. The only question is, did this happen in Utah, or Ohio?

Box Ox

I had a NDA envelope that I delivered to the FD. 10° and 40mph wind gusts and I wanted to make sure my customer received their package ontime and intact, so I opened the glass screen door to leave the envelope in a Non Blow Away place...

problem is soon as I opened the glass screen door, the wind gust whipped it right off the hedges! cold :censored2: and scared, I left a taped note on the door about what happened....and that flew off too.

Isn't on you. Imagine you hadn't delivered that NDA, the customer called to complain and you were stuck blaming it on the wind. All you were trying to do was secure the package in a reasonable way. Act of God took place, etc etc.

rod

Retired 22 years
Back when I worked it was common for UPS to buy a couple screen doors a month. The only time someone would get in trouble was if they put a package in between doors and it was too big for the screen door to shut properly.

IESucks

problem is soon as I opened the glass screen door, the wind gust whipped it right off the hedges! cold :censored2: and scared, I left a taped note on the door about what happened....and that flew off too.

will I need union representation when the customer reviews their security cameras? I wouldve taken pics with my phone, but didnt want it flying away like a kid with a balloon
If you called ur management team to report it when it happened you have nothing to worry about

Nothing to worry about. No vehicle involved, just some property damage. Screen doors are my first option, although I have never damaged one. My only question is how did you secure the screen door after it came off?

Heavy Package

My only question is how did you secure the screen door after it came off?

door.jpg

Heavy Package

When you call in you should have said the door flew back at you due to the wind, hit you, and you need to report an injury. Take a month off getting your neck and shoulders massaged all on workman's comp. Rookie.