vacation day instead of week

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by derrick, Feb 11, 2020.

1. derrick

derrick Member

i have 3 weeks vacation. can u use the vacation days once a week instead of whole weeks at a time?

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

I believe you're central correct?
    Screenshot_20200211-092518_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

3. derrick

derrick Member

baltimore md so 355 union

4. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

Same on local 177, but like it says you must let them know when is vacation picking time.
    So if next week you are on vacation but only want 2 days off it wont work.

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I wish we could break up all vacation weeks into days. Also stop that stupid advance pay.

6. rod

rod #1 on Upstates "list"

You guys have it pretty good now. I don’t know how many times I had to take a whole week off just because some fishing trip planed by a non ups buddy was starting on a Wed. or Thursday.

7. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

I agree. I'm sure there is some reason this is the practice at UPS but I don't know why. I'd rather just get it the following Friday when I'm supposed to instead of 3 weeks earlier.

8. KOG72

KOG72 I’m full of it

You already broke the week you don’t get paid???

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

No, there is just no reason for it. I'd rather just have a steady check coming in. I guess guys in the past couldn't afford their vacation and voted in advance pay.

10. 542thruNthru

Sorry you're not in the Central. You're Atlantic supplemental.

You must take 7 consecutive days for vacation per the language below.
    sketch-1581462196601.jpg

Unless... you have 15 or more years (4 weeks vacation). Then you can break up 1 week into individual days.
    sketch-1581462196466.jpg

11. rod

My wife worked for the State of Mn. She could take as little as 15 minutes of her vacation time.

12. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

@CoolStoryBro

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  13. 542thruNthru

@CoolStoryBro

14. 542thruNthru

SOB!!!!! BEAT ME TO IT

15. rod

My wife had 4 weeks paid vacation and I had 7. When she factored in her paid sick time, EVERY national holiday and her paid comp time (if she worked an hour of overtime she was entitled to an hour and a half off paid time off) she ended up with way more paid time off than I had.

16. rod

Another cool story

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Hadjabear

Hadjabear Member

Ya so much better... They can deny single days with two words, under staffed. Also you dont know for sure it's appoved until 8 working days beforehand.

18. JustDeliverIt

JustDeliverIt Active Member

It's only 4 rovers (at least where I am) that they can screw you on. We get 5 sick days that they just need an hour and one minute of notification for. What works great is if they always screw you on giving rovers, you stop asking ahead of time and just call off.

After a few call offs that you may have been willing to work with them and let them know why you haven't been giving them a heads up, you can just let them know that when you ask for a day it is always denied so you stopped asking. They tend to work with you a little better or keep getting handcuffed. Their call, but it has always worked for me in the past.

19. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Well-Known Member

Doesn't your local require them to grant a minimum number of svd/opt/8hr each day?

Beyond those contractual requirements they are well within their rights to deny the requests

20. Hadjabear

Hadjabear Member

1 personal holiday per shift in feeders no 8hr requests, I learned pretty quick not to bother breaking up vacation weeks