vacation day instead of week

542thruNthru

i have 3 weeks vacation. can u use the vacation days once a week instead of whole weeks at a time?
I believe you're central correct?
Screenshot_20200211-092518_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Siveriano

Same on local 177, but like it says you must let them know when is vacation picking time.
So if next week you are on vacation but only want 2 days off it wont work.

rod

Retired 22 years
You guys have it pretty good now. I don’t know how many times I had to take a whole week off just because some fishing trip planed by a non ups buddy was starting on a Wed. or Thursday.

JustDeliverIt

I wish we could break up all vacation weeks into days. Also stop that stupid advance pay.

I agree. I'm sure there is some reason this is the practice at UPS but I don't know why. I'd rather just get it the following Friday when I'm supposed to instead of 3 weeks earlier.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife had 4 weeks paid vacation and I had 7. When she factored in her paid sick time, EVERY national holiday and her paid comp time (if she worked an hour of overtime she was entitled to an hour and a half off paid time off) she ended up with way more paid time off than I had.

Hadjabear

You guys have it pretty good now. I don’t know how many times I had to take a whole week off just because some fishing trip planed by a non ups buddy was starting on a Wed. or Thursday.
Ya so much better... They can deny single days with two words, under staffed. Also you dont know for sure it's appoved until 8 working days beforehand.

JustDeliverIt

Ya so much better... They can deny single days with two words, under staffed. Also you dont know for sure it's appoved until 8 working days beforehand.

It's only 4 rovers (at least where I am) that they can screw you on. We get 5 sick days that they just need an hour and one minute of notification for. What works great is if they always screw you on giving rovers, you stop asking ahead of time and just call off.

After a few call offs that you may have been willing to work with them and let them know why you haven't been giving them a heads up, you can just let them know that when you ask for a day it is always denied so you stopped asking. They tend to work with you a little better or keep getting handcuffed. Their call, but it has always worked for me in the past.

iruhnman630

Doesn't your local require them to grant a minimum number of svd/opt/8hr each day?

Beyond those contractual requirements they are well within their rights to deny the requests

Hadjabear

Doesn't your local require them to grant a minimum number of svd/opt/8hr each day?

Beyond those contractual requirements they are well within their rights to deny the requests
1 personal holiday per shift in feeders no 8hr requests, I learned pretty quick not to bother breaking up vacation weeks