Vacation days

I got hired on July 2, 2014 and my qualifying date is August 23, 2014. I was under the impression that I was to get vacation days after a year. Am I not realizing something or am I getting screwed?

I got hired on July 2, 2014 and my qualifying date is August 23, 2014. I was under the impression that I was to get vacation days after a year. Am I not realizing something or am I getting screwed?
You are correct and unless you get with your management team to schedule the time off(before Thanksgiving) you will be paid for the time.

It is not that at all. I am dealing seniority bull:censored2:. I worked non stop until around april of this year. Then from out of nowhere there is a preloaded that has been there for approximately 10 years decides she wants to start driving. So she goes to school and then gets her 30 days and now I am bumped. I have to call in each day or wait for a text to see if i am on for that day or not. I disagree with that. Luckily a guy retired on Friday, so I hope my chances get better for working nonstop again.

It is not that at all. I am dealing seniority bull:censored2:. I worked non stop until around april of this year. Then from out of nowhere there is a preloaded that has been there for approximately 10 years decides she wants to start driving. So she goes to school and then gets her 30 days and now I am bumped. I have to call in each day or wait for a text to see if i am on for that day or not. I disagree with that. Luckily a guy retired on Friday, so I hope my chances get better for working nonstop again.
Not sure where you are at, but my building has work for everyone who can walk from the parking lot to the building. And if you can't, UPS will have you watch a Sup work for training purposes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Change your avatar please. Don't allow selfies here.

File a grievance if your seniority is being violated. Pretty easy really.

P

pickup

I did not know about selfie
Sorry guys

Yeah, you probably don't want anything to link your real self to your posts. It can only bite you in the ass. We had one guy here who got suspended from work for a few days because of something he posted. Management knew he posted on browncafe and he gave his identity away (willingly) with selfie pics of himself as well as his hub location and other unique identifiers.

Yeah, you probably don't want anything to link your real self to your posts. It can only bite you in the ass. We had one guy here who got suspended from work for a few days because of something he posted. Management knew he posted on browncafe and he gave his identity away (willingly) with selfie pics of himself as well as his hub location and other unique identifiers.
I am glad you told me that. I never really thought about that. Thank you