Vacation question

Corky_Calhoun

I have vacation next week but haven't received my paycheck 2 weeks in advance like normal. I looked at my paystub and it has me at 0 hrs for vacation. The vacation schedule in my center shows that I'm on vacation next week. Is this a screw up? I've already scheduled a trip with the girlfriend. WTF??? FYI I scheduled the vacation in December.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have vacation next week but haven't received my paycheck 2 weeks in advance like normal. I looked at my paystub and it has me at 0 hrs for vacation. The vacation schedule in my center shows that I'm on vacation next week. Is this a screw up? I've already scheduled a trip with the girlfriend. WTF??? FYI I scheduled the vacation in December.
How many weeks vacation do you get a year....and When is your seniority date?

Corky_Calhoun

I was hired as a driver in 2012. Was told that I had 3 vacations this year when I scheduled. Took 2 earlier this year and have been planning on this vacation for months. Realized last week that I didn't get my vacation pay. Looked at my stubs and it says I have 0 vac hours.

Another screwy thing that happened is that I lost all my accrued OPT days. We get a week out here, they are rebooted during our seniority date. Mine just disappeared. I'm going to be livid tomorrow. I don't handle well with passive aggressive types.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't know if it varies by region but it my local...your vacation weeks reset annually on your seniority date...not by calendar year. So, I will pick my vacation weeks next month for next year.....but my seniority date is in July. So, any weeks I pick next year before July...I will not receive a vacation check for until my seniority date.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was hired as a driver in 2012. Was told that I had 3 vacations this year when I scheduled. Took 2 earlier this year and have been planning on this vacation for months. Realized last week that I didn't get my vacation pay. Looked at my stubs and it says I have 0 vac hours.

Another screwy thing that happened is that I lost all my accrued OPT days. We get a week out here, they are rebooted during our seniority date. Mine just disappeared. I'm going to be livid tomorrow. I don't handle well with passive aggressive types.
Again...it may vary by local....but in my local...you do not get a 3rd week of vacation till your 5th year...in some locals...it's 10 years.

Corky_Calhoun

Again...it may vary by local....but in the couple locals I know about....you do not get your 3rd week of vacation till at least your 5th year...some locals...it's 10 years.

I think it had something to do with a rollover or some sort??? I can't remember exactly. Old center manager doing vacations said I had 3 vacations so I picked 3 weeks that were available. Ohhhhhhh this makes me mad.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I think it had something to do with a rollover or some sort??? I can't remember exactly. Old center manager doing vacations said I had 3 vacations so I picked 3 weeks that were available. Ohhhhhhh this makes me mad.
Maybe...but if you rolled a week over from last year....you were paid for that week on your seniority date....or whenever vacation hours reset in your local. Bottom line...if your paycheck says zero vacation hours...you're not getting another vacation check.

CHALLY9TX

If you're on vacation next week you shoulda said something to your management last week. But like BB58 said it depends on when your vacation resets and when your seniority started. Mine reset at the begging of the year and only showed 3 weeks, but due to time accrued as a part timer I earned a 4th week during the middle of the year.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

undies

Never go by what they tell you. Go back and make sure you actually had the time. UPSers.com is your friend.