Vacation Ruined

In October last year I prescheduled a vacation for the month of July. At the beginning of July I asked when the week of my vacation begins, and my manager constantly put off telling me. Last week I was still working and I had to go get tested for Covid. Well while I was in quarantine, I had to repeatedly text when my scheduled vacation began. Still no reply. So after testing negative today. I had to drive to the hub and they told me my vacation was last week. They had failed to tell me when I first asked and they counted my quarantine as my vacation. Which I did not request to be done. What the :censored2: am I supposed to do? They failed to tell me and now my prescheduled vacation is ruined. My manager has constantly failed to do the right things but this was the final straw. Are their grievances or actions I can take?

JJinVA

In October last year I prescheduled a vacation for the month of July. At the beginning of July I asked when the week of my vacation begins, and my manager constantly put off telling me. Last week I was still working and I had to go get tested for Covid. Well while I was in quarantine, I had to repeatedly text when my scheduled vacation began. Still no reply. So after testing negative today. I had to drive to the hub and they told me my vacation was last week. They had failed to tell me when I first asked and they counted my quarantine as my vacation. Which I did not request to be done. What the :censored2: am I supposed to do? They failed to tell me and now my prescheduled vacation is ruined. My manager has constantly failed to do the right things but this was the final straw. Are their grievances or actions I can take?

Definitely sounds like you need to get in contact with a steward.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

why is it your bosses responsibility to keep track of your vacation?

snowflakes everywhere
SMH

Did or did you not pick a specific week off?

542thruNthru

You scheduled your vacation but didn't know when it was?

Why didn't you know?

You scheduled your vacation but didn't know when it was?

Why didn't you know?
I was 19, and I just recently started keeping up with things on the calendar. I was 90% sure it was this week but unfortunately it was last week. Since I wasn't a 100% sure I did the responsible thing and asked for confirmation over and over. As management they still should notify especially when I've requested it.

I was 19, and I just recently started keeping up with things on the calendar. I was 90% sure it was this week but unfortunately it was last week. Since I wasn't a 100% sure I did the responsible thing and asked for confirmation over and over. As management they still should notify especially when I've requested it.
You didn't get your vacation pay two weeks ahead of time?

You can't rely on management to tell you something they will lie like a son of a buddy*
I've found that out myself. But I'd still think even after requesting something so smooth and simple would turn out with me having to go through this much stress. I'd figure even if they were stupid and lying they'd atleast have the decency.

Ghost in the Darkness

The best part of ups is taking vacations... yes management are liars... but how do miss your vacations!? Heck... I didnt use any sick or optional days yet and have put in for 2 more weeks off along with a vacation day thats overlapping a holiday.... and I know when they all are.

Was it not posted on the schedule the Friday before?