Vacation selection

Mirway

Does anyone know how to interpret Section 2 in the Central States Supplement? I was part time for 14 years and then went full time in 2016. Do I pick my vacation based upon my company seniority or when I went full time within the classification. My BA states I pick when I became a driver. Just looking for verification regarding this.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We already picked ours. They added more spots per week, so I was able to get all three weeks in the summer. Resigned to the fact that I won’t get spring break until my kids grow up and have kids.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's not so frustrating when it's drivers with kids, or a spouse that works in the school system, and are able to spend time with them. But what aggravates the hell out of me is when it's other drivers. And even worse when they want to work. Which is a contract violation in our supplement.

Future

Victory Ride
I got 25 years in I still can’t get that week!
0D04F406-6F44-4FA9-B82B-995AE3AF923D.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I was supposed to pick 5 days ago.
Every day the PM gives me the runaround: We have not got to you yet.

Seriously how hard is it to schedule 100 people when you had 4 WEEKS to do it.

Mirway

Why does Section 2 state that you you shall retain seniority for vacation weeks only then. Shouldn’t you pick by company seniority then for vacations only?

ski or die

Ski or Die
We usually just pick our vacation weeks on the spur of the moment. Like, lets go somewhere next week. Of course we are retired. But I remember those good old days, choosing what was available, but I would work with the 2 guys below me in seniority to find if there was a week they needed. Never have enough friends.

Overpaid Union Thug

I was supposed to pick 5 days ago.
Every day the PM gives me the runaround: We have not got to you yet.

Seriously how hard is it to schedule 100 people when you had 4 WEEKS to do it.

Our supplement states how and when vacations are to be selected. But EVERY SINGLE year it gets jacked up. Grievances are filed but for some reason they can't get it right. Although....this year they claim they will skip people that hold up the process. Thats a start but we're still not doing other things right. It's supposed to be simple and is clearly spelled out int he contract.