Vacation time

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
How’s the vote looking across the bridge brother?
We had a 4 hour steward's meeting Sunday to go over the changes in the master and the supplement. The general attitude was positive. A meeting for all members will be held after the 2 man. Our local's stance is just vote. Something as important as your lively hood should be paramount.
The funding of the pension in the supplement with nothing coming out of the wage increase is big.
The only thing I personally am not happy with is the PT pension. Myself and the other hub steward cannot get to the $1,600.00 unless we work until 68 and 67 and that is not happening! They should have put a $10.00 bump per years service instead of the balloon after 25. I have 20 in @ age 63.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Uh:
The general attitude was positive.Something as important as your lively hood should be paramount.....

The funding of the pension in the supplement with nothing coming out of the wage increase is big.
So accept the huge 22.4 concession because of a pension increase....

Honestly, I'm not gonna have a second thought about screwing retirees over once you guys are gone if this passes.......
Just sayin'.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The main bitch in our local was the excessive overtime and the need to work weekends. The 22.4 whether you agree with it or not corrects that. All RPCD drivers go back Mon-Friday and start on the 9-5 list unless they opt-out. The addition of the 22.4 add to the overall pension fund.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The main bitch in our local was the excessive overtime and the need to work weekends. The 22.4 whether you agree with it or not corrects that. All RPCD drivers go back Mon-Friday and start on the 9-5 list unless they opt-out. The addition of the 22.4 add to the overall pension fund.
22.4 is a huge extension of the top rate progression. Unacceptable.

It's a win for the company and a lose for us.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Uh:

So accept the huge 22.4 concession because of a pension increase....

Honestly, I'm not gonna have a second thought about screwing retirees over once you guys are gone if this passes.......
Just sayin'.
You'll only be screwing yourself, assuming you plan on retiring from here at some point.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You'll only be screwing yourself, assuming you plan on retiring from here at some point.
Hate to be such a downer, but I honestly think I'm screwed either way when it comes to the pension money. Down the drain as far as I'm concerned. I'll take my retirement in my own hands, time is on my side.

The guys voting in this 22.4 crap... No sympathy for them when pension cuts come.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Hate to be such a downer, but I honestly think I'm screwed either way when it comes to the pension money. Down the drain as far as I'm concerned. I'll take my retirement in my own hands, time is on my side.

The guys voting in this 22.4 crap... No sympathy for them when pension cuts come.
The 22.4 create more full time jobs hence more full time pension contributions. The hourly contribution to the fund is the same.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

You act like it's just "old timers who only care about their pension" who will vote for this contract, but that's not so. Despite what you may read on this MB from a vocal minority (who were always going to vote no because they're still pissed about the last contract) there are an awful lot of lower seniority drivers who are tired of excessive OT and don't want to be forced into working weekends and for them the 22.4 solution is not the big deal breaker that you're making it out to be. Vote however you please, but threatening to punish retirees if you don't get your way is pretty wrongheaded imo.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You act like it's just "old timers who only care about their pension" who will vote for this contract, but that's not so. Despite what you may read on this MB from a vocal minority (who were always going to vote no because they're still :censored2: about the last contract) there are an awful lot of lower seniority drivers who are tired of excessive OT and don't want to be forced into working weekends and for them the 22.4 solution is not the big deal breaker that you're making it out to be. Vote however you please, but threatening to punish retirees if you don't get your way is pretty wrongheaded imo.
Ok.
I'm not threatening retirees, I'm just giving my opinion on the reality of this concession.

If 22.4 passes because of the pension increase the Union is bragging about..... I won't hesitate to screw retirees over in the future the same way they are screwing new guys over with this second class driver crap.

Life is all about choices. I'm good with this either way, I'm saving my ass off. Good luck guys