vacation week change

derrick

i've been at ups for 11 years and just went full time 22.3 job. well i have a weeks vacation coming up and i was wondering if I could change my vacation week from august to september and if it was allowed to do? i've never had to cange it before so was wondering if its possible.

ManInBrown

Depends on management. I had one center manager who did it for me. Then I had another one that basically laughed in my face when I asked if it would be possible.

IESucks

i've been at ups for 11 years and just went full time 22.3 job. well i have a weeks vacation coming up and i was wondering if I could change my vacation week from august to september and if it was allowed to do? i've never had to cange it before so was wondering if its possible.
You manager will if he's not an ass and its available.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You think your boss could answer this question?

Sounds crazy I know

SMH!!

Last edited:
Yes it's possible if the FT supervisor isn't a jack ass. Ask for the vacation list and make your selection. Get your union steward involved too, if needed.

Bill3508

No way you've been with ups for 11 years and don't already know the answer.

Oak

Just be careful. Make sure, if they will let you change it, that you are paid for your new chosen week and not your original selection.

This matters because if you're not paid for the week you're actually off, there will be no contributions for your healthcare benefits that week.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
And what about the guy who wanted the week you took , and couldn’t get it , cuz you took it , so he / she chose a different one !!
Don’t make deals , bang in , get a note ,

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You should not have any vacation weeks, as when you go to 22.3 from part-time, you are technically re-hired and the vacation days are immediately paid out at your part-time pay rate and hours. It's possible to get the week but regardless, the week is paid out in advance.

Mr. Marshall

You lose your vacation for a full year when you go full time. You will receive a check for your remaining part time weeks and will not be eligible to take your vacations next year until June or July or whenever you made the switch. I like to travel a lot and a year without traveling was too much to take so my Center Manager let me take a few long weekends when I made my way to Vegas or whatever for a quickie getaway but was insistent I couldn't have my weeks back because then everyone would want them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Did Mom change the rental week?

rod

Retired 22 years
We changed vacations all the time but that was at a small center. I don't recall it ever causing a problem.

old levi's

blank space

No way, no how