Vaccine 90% effective COVID19 is over

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Don't be such a free internet hog. Turn around and look at that line behind you there at the public library wanting their opportunity to use it's free internet. Log off. It's their turn now.
I'm not at the library, I'm on my Obama phone you judgemental high yellow house boy. How dare you look down on us common negros.

newfie

That's correct. The 1.95 billion they have received is strictly for distribution purposes only. A fact so indisputable that even the conspiracy theorists have moved on from it.

the company corrected theirselves on that point after their CEO misspoke. The company signed an agreement in july for distribution. At the point they signed the agreement they became part of operation warp speed. Their CEO tried to get cute with the verbiage when he said they had not received any money from the government. much like you're doing now.

bacha29

the company corrected theirselves on that point after their CEO misspoke. The company signed an agreement in july for distribution. At the point they signed the agreement they became part of operation warp speed. Their CEO tried to get cute with the verbiage when he said they had not received any money from the government. much like you're doing now.
I NEVER said that they didn't get ANY money from the government. You're just reciting back what I already told you. The only cooperative agreement between Pfizer and HHS was a DISTRIBUTION agreement. The product development was all Pfizer.

Which in turn means that the development and testing would be done on PFIZER TIME not on DEAR LEADER TIME. And any claims by Dear Leader that the release of the vaccine news after the election was politically motivated is just another in a long list of "Oh poor me I've been so wronged " demonstrations of pure self pity.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The undeniable fact is that vaccine test protocols are meant to take a long time to allow time to determine any long term harm or complications. Assuming they started trials in October, that is barely enough time, if at all, to determine if they are even effective. Not nearly enough time to figure out if they are safe. Anyone who says different is lying.

If this pandemic follows the same course as others, we should expect it to die out on its own within the next year. Everything about this situation screams rush job to try to profit off of mass hysteria. But you go ahead and get your vaccine, because everyone knows all the experts agree that the benefits outweigh the risks on every vaccine for everybody. Anyone who says different is a brain dead, conspiracy theorist, anti-vaxxer.

wilberforce15

The undeniable fact is that vaccine test protocols are meant to take a long time to allow time to determine any long term harm or complications. Assuming they started trials in October, that is barely enough time, if at all, to determine if they are even effective. Not nearly enough time to figure out if they are safe. Anyone who says different is lying.

If this pandemic follows the same course as others, we should expect it to die out on its own within the next year. Everything about this situation screams rush job to try to profit off of mass hysteria. But you go ahead and get your vaccine, because everyone knows all the experts agree that the benefits outweigh the risks on every vaccine for everybody. Anyone who says different is a brain dead, conspiracy theorist, anti-vaxxer.
There is now, officially, a second smart person on this forum.

Alright, back to my exile.

vantexan

If I were to ask you people who Albert Bourlia is I doubt if anymore than 1 perhaps 2 would know.

Now to help you out he's the CEO of Pfizer. In his TV interview yesterday he laid out the following facts.

1. Pfizer stayed independent by not choosing to join in on Operation Warp Speed.
2. It's only connection with the U.S. government is regarding a cooperative distribution agreement for the vaccine.
3. Because Pfizer stayed independent in the pursuit of the vaccine the development of the vaccine and the time required to do so would
based on science not politics.
4. Because of capacity, logistics and transportation issues (vaccine has to be shipped frozen) there will only be about 50 million doses
ready by the end of the year and given that 2 doses per person are required there will only be enough to initially treat 25 million
people and healthcare workers will be the first to receive the vaccine.
Heard the other day that there are 45 vaccines in clinical trials. How come a company that didn't bow to political pressure is out first? Where are all these other companies who did and why aren't they ready? These companies are springing into action because the sheer profit potential is enormous. Capitalism works.

newfie

I NEVER said that they didn't get ANY money from the government. You're just reciting back what I already told you. The only cooperative agreement between Pfizer and HHS was a DISTRIBUTION agreement. The product development was all Pfizer.
correct which makes them part of operation warp speed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

They knew it was effective weeks ago.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I will still practice distancing and wearing a mask.
I like wearing a mask as I can cuss people and they can't read my lips.
And I can't read their lips if they do the same.