Vaccine mandate

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So do we do a strike vote or just put everyone that's a teamster out on strike?

I don't know what it means to "put everyone that's a Teamsters out on strike". Like forcing them against their will? Let me use the logic of the other side of the mandate debate:

You knew when you signed up for a union job that you might have to go on strike. No one's forcing you to go on strike, if you don't want to strike, you can get a non-union job.

542thruNthru

I don't know what it means to "put everyone that's a Teamsters out on strike". Like forcing them against their will? Let me use the logic of the other side of the mandate debate:

You knew when you signed up for a union job that you might have to go on strike. No one's forcing you to go on strike, if you don't want to strike, you can get a non-union job.
Lol. Ok.

So you're saying no strike vote. Got it.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

All this strike talk is silly...no strike vote, no strike...the Company and the Union let alone the Feds will not make it happen, just before peak during a pandemic?

I know this vaccine mandate is all political posturing. We have to see how our new leadership will handle it, we will find out in two weeks.

DELACROIX

All union members have had about 20 months to exercise, eat vegetables, and get vaccinated. They are in charge of protecting their own lives and have all the means they need to do so.

The union's job is to protect the jobs.

The working men and women have been given everything they need to stay alive and healthy. A universally vaccinated workplace does not help them.

They've had 20 months to get a jab and stop being fat. If they want to make themselves vulnerable, we can't stop them.

I'm guessing you're an overweight 60 year old or so, who hasn't done anything for his health since covid started?

But you want to fire me so you feel less vulnerable?

What’s your issue with “fat and old”people?

It would be a fair assumption that a vast majority of the American public had gained weight since this pandemic.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
All this strike talk is silly...no strike vote, no strike...the Company and the Union let alone the Feds will not make it happen, just before peak during a pandemic?

I know this vaccine mandate is all political posturing. We have to see how our new leadership will handle it, we will find out in two weeks.

I'm talking hypothetically. There are plenty of employers who have caved to the pretend mandates and taken illegal action of their own accord. Walk outs and strikes are already having a positive impact on that.

DELACROIX

I'm talking hypothetically. There are plenty of employers who have caved to the pretend mandates and taken illegal action of their own accord. Walk outs and strikes are already having a positive impact on that.

I still remember those brothers who walked out in L804 on a wildcat...even if good contentions most of them were taken out of service. It could happen again .. everybody better cool out till we see how this mandate plays out. 🍷🥃🧉

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

Using your logic, if you don't want a vaccine go work a different job where it's not mandated.

542thruNthru

I still remember those brothers who walked out in L804 on a wildcat...even if good contentions most of them were taken out of service. It could happen again .. everybody better cool out till we see how this mandate plays out. 🍷
The local was also sued if I remember correctly. Wonder how that would work out for the Teamsters if they put us all on strike for every company that followed the mandate the federal government was requiring. Wouldn't we have to file labor charges or a lawsuit instead of going on strike? I don't know though. I'm not a lawyer like a lot of these guys. :)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I still remember those brothers who walked out in L804 on a wildcat...even if good contentions most of them were taken out of service. It could happen again .. everybody better cool out till we see how this mandate plays out. 🍷🥃🧉

One way or another, if the company doesn't do the right thing, a lot of people will need to be prepared to have their incomes disrupted.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The local was also sued if I remember correctly. Wonder how that would work out for the Teamsters if they put us all on strike for every company that followed the mandate the federal government was requiring. Wouldn't we have to file labor charges or a lawsuit instead of going on strike? I don't know though. I'm not a lawyer like a lot of these guys. :)

Emergency injunctive relief has been about 50/50 on the current law suits. And the law suits themselves can take months or years to accomplish anything. Teamsters could file labor charges, particularly if there was no bargaining over the mandates, but my guess is that the NRLB would side with the company due to the illegal mandates. Anything's possible, but I guess it's great strategy to telegraph to businesses that union workers are unwilling to strike when necessary.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Emergency injunctive relief has been about 50/50 on the current law suits. And the law suits themselves can take months or years to accomplish anything. Teamsters could file labor charges, particularly if there was no bargaining over the mandates, but my guess is that the NRLB would side with the company due to the illegal mandates. Anything's possible, but I guess it's great strategy to telegraph to businesses that union workers are unwilling to strike when necessary.
Some judges are starting to grant injunctions because once you are forced to take the shot it can’t be undone, therefore there’s no remedy.