Vaccine Mandates Coming For Employment

I put my center management team on notice that a vax mandate will be my exit cue. So far over half the drivers in my center is are hard no’s. The Center manager an On road supe and two mechanics are all making exit plans. The wheels are about to come off the whole system in a few weeks. They haven’t even told any new hires they will need the jab.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I put my center management team on notice that a vax mandate will be my exit cue. So far over half the drivers in my center is are hard no’s. The Center manager an On road supe and two mechanics are all making exit plans. The wheels are about to come off the whole system in a few weeks. They haven’t even told any new hires they will need the jab.
All part of the master plan to crush America

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Get with your local and circulate grievance papers if it comes to that..nothing in the contract about pandemic noncompliance suspension or firings. (Insubordination) and (Serious offenses) wouldn’t cut it. Do not forget about filing board charges also.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Do you like waffles? Well how 'bout them waffles?

Do you like waffles? Well how 'bout them waffles?

Whether UPS implements it now or in 3 months it makes no difference in the end result. It will still wreck the company and the supply chain. We were running just shy of peak numbers ALL YEAR. So I can’t imagine it being any “less bad” save for not having to fire thousands just before Christmas. its bad for me in the sense that I delay securing a position somewhere doing something to make my bills. I have a small pension coming for my 25+ years and my savings. UPS should just get it over with.

DELACROIX

Whether UPS implements it now or in 3 months it makes no difference in the end result. It will still wreck the company and the supply chain. We were running just shy of peak numbers ALL YEAR. So I can’t imagine it being any “less bad” save for not having to fire thousands just before Christmas. its bad for me in the sense that I delay securing a position somewhere doing something to make my bills. I have a small pension coming for my 25+ years and my savings. UPS should just get it over with.

They are not going to fire anybody...it is a scare tactic...

The teamsters’ candidates have already stated that they will not go along with these federal mandates that threaten to terminate their members.

rod

Retired 22 years
You guys worry too much. UPS would never insist on everyone being vaccinated no matter what President Brain Dead says. They can't keep employees the way it is.

UnionStrong

You guys worry too much. UPS would never insist on everyone being vaccinated no matter what President Brain Dead says. They can't keep employees the way it is.
Then why did they ask the idiot in chief to postpone the deadline until after peak?

rod

Retired 22 years
Then why did they ask the idiot in chief to postpone the deadline until after peak?
To make it look like they care. Classic UPS. They do the same thing when it comes to safety and environmental issues. To listen to Atlanta UPS is the most "caring" company on the planet. You should know better.

UnionStrong

To make it look like they care. Classic UPS. They do the same thing when it comes to safety and environmental issues. To listen to Atlanta UPS is the most "caring" company on the planet. You should know better.
I know they don’t care about safety. But this is different.

They are not going to fire anybody...it is a scare tactic...

The teamsters’ candidates have already stated that they will not go along with these federal mandates that threaten to terminate their members.
Right, I remember Biden saying he wouldn’t mandate the vax too. I will also not participate in any testing scheme that doesn’t test vaccinated as well nor will I participate in any re-education . So it looks like I’m done at UPS regardless if I’m not left alone when it comes to my health.

DELACROIX

Right, I remember Biden saying he wouldn’t mandate the vax too. I will also not participate in any testing scheme that doesn’t test vaccinated as well nor will I participate in any re-education . So it looks like I’m done at UPS regardless if I’m not left alone when it comes to my health.

I was vaccinated and still caught it...meaning I was contagious prior to the symptoms...

These companies will never test daily, it would be impossible..

It is just people playing politics... the virus was unstoppable, best we can do is to be careful, use common sense and minimize our exposure. Even with that all of us will eventually catch this virus, the new common cold.

rod

Retired 22 years
I was vaccinated and still caught it...meaning I was contagious prior to the symptoms...

These companies will never test daily, it would be impossible..

It is just people playing politics... the virus was unstoppable, best we can do is to be careful, use common sense and minimize our exposure. Even with that all of us will eventually catch this virus, the new common cold.
I've never said I was bullet proof because I got the shots. If the shots help in anyway to make the affects of Covid easier / less deadly to senior people (ME) I'm all for getting them.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I don't disagree, but this is yet another sign that the establishment doesn't actually have what it needs to follow through on its threats.