Valet?

FedExMan

This is awesome for the people that constantly struggle to get 40 hours while others constantly get 10+ hours of overtime per week. Unfortunately at our station most loops that can use roads are turned off because we have power hungry management that want total control so they turn it off. I feel even if valet comes they will somehow turn it off for the ones who they let get massive OT on the regular.

This is awesome for the people that constantly struggle to get 40 hours while others constantly get 10+ hours of overtime per week. Unfortunately at our station most loops that can use roads are turned off because we have power hungry management that want total control so they turn it off. I feel even if valet comes they will somehow turn it off for the ones who they let get massive OT on the regular.

Well, from what I've read and seen aswell it is to balance work hours between loops.

Your management doesn't sound power hungry but completely incompetent. Why would you turn off a tool designed to make many peoples lives easier lol.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Well, from what I've read and seen aswell it is to balance work hours between loops.

Your management doesn't sound power hungry but completely incompetent. Why would you turn off a tool designed to make many peoples lives easier lol.

Exactly. The reduction in OT benefits station management.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They spent a week or two setting up some computers in our time card room like....september or october? It had all of our names and managers on the screen and you could click it and supposedly see your schedule(it never actually showed a schedule). Nothing ever came of it and the monitors are rotting with dust all over them now

Does anybody else have tablets in their vehicles? They spent weeks putting these tablets in with this bunk GPS software(I've tried to use it several times its horrible)over the summer but people just turn them away from facing them and most are broken at this point

that sounds like Ground Cloud... eh, @bbsam

SmithBarney

opsmanagers are inept at enforcing balancing of routes, we have guys getting guarantee pay, while others go out for 12hrs...

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
engineers, those who won't make the changes we need. and won't let us make the changes ourselves, yet still won't show up to location or answer emails...
And refuse to checkride with couriers and keep their noses stuck at a computer screen all day. Yet management kisses their asses.

fatboy33

explain it to us who don't have a clue what you are talking about
Valet, from what I've heard, will manager your hours. I believe the goal is 35 to 38 hours for a full timer. Say you're always a belt puller. With valet, you may pull the belt on Monday but on Tuesday you'll off load the cans. Wednesday you may be a late starter. Thursday you may belt pull and only P1. Friday may be normal for you as you may get 10 hours.

SmithBarney

Valet, from what I've heard, will manager your hours. I believe the goal is 35 to 38 hours for a full timer. Say you're always a belt puller. With valet, you may pull the belt on Monday but on Tuesday you'll off load the cans. Wednesday you may be a late starter. Thursday you may belt pull and only P1. Friday may be normal for you as you may get 10 hours.

Yes it's more of a hours balance'r, unfortunately the guy in your loop who's been pulling the belt and loading your truck for 15years, is now assigned to Docs two days a week, and the guy who has been unloading cans suddenly is now pulling the belt and dumping all your stuff in the middle of your truck(if it gets to the right truck)... once again engineers trying to reinvent new stuff instead of fixing the real issues.

fatboy33

Yes it's more of a hours balance'r, unfortunately the guy in your loop who's been pulling the belt and loading your truck for 15years, is now assigned to Docs two days a week, and the guy who has been unloading cans suddenly is now pulling the belt and dumping all your stuff in the middle of your truck(if it gets to the right truck)... once again engineers trying to reinvent new stuff instead of fixing the real issues.
Not to mention, by the time the courier returns to his truck and everyone has left, the amount of wrong packages he will find lol. They're going to find out that you're not going to get the same productivity from a 60 year old courier bent over in a can as you would a 21 year old handler. And the 110 pound station Queen will have a heck of a time pulling 3 or 4 trucks with 2 of those rtes being bulk. We will see what the future brings.

fatboy33

This is something Mr. Smith wants. If they turn off valet, i'm sure he'd like to hear about it. Not fair for the rest of us to suffer:laughing2:

Star B

White Lightening
Everybody's a swing! DRA pushes you (mostly during Peak) into areas that you have no knowledge of. In the AM, even though all CRRs dispatch at the same time and for the most part come in at the same time... let's just thrown them all around like Swings.