Vancouver Winter Olympics !

P

pickup

It's the worlds largest and highest paid sport, like it or not.

Highest paid? Got any stats to back this "kleinism" up? And don't bend them like Beckham. Other than David Beckham, I doubt you are going to find too many soccer athletes listed as the highest paid amongst all athletes.

P

pickup

Speaking of the olympics, the segments should be taped and then musical scores added to emphasize falls and victories, sort of like a Rocky movie. Once the soundtrack is added, then the public should be able to view the event. It would be great for ratings.

Point no 2: all solo events like skiing and ice skating should , in the future, have a bunch of opposing contestants out on the hill or the rink at the same time. So, in figure skating for example , you can have two opposing skaters on the same rink , trying to skate their routines at the same time. Body blows would be permitted. Final score will be determined by how well you managed to do your routine in comparison to how well your competitor did his . So, you have to have a great deal of skill to land an elbow on your contestant while you manage to do a successful axle spin on your skates.

klein

Für Meno :)
Highest paid? Got any stats to back this "kleinism" up? And don't bend them like Beckham. Other than David Beckham, I doubt you are going to find too many soccer athletes listed as the highest paid amongst all athletes.

Sorry, you are right. Back when I lived in Germany, soccer players were the highest paid in the world... that goes back to the 70's though.
Corperate America took that over.
Even basketball, among NFL, Golf, Formula 1, and Boxers earn more.

Oh well. Forgive me for not going with the time, and how much money US citizens can pay for thier athletes.

klein

Sorry, you are right. Back when I lived in Germany, soccer players were the highest paid in the world... that goes back to the 70's though.

Oh well. Forgive me for not going with the times, and how much money US citizens can pay for thier athletes.

klein

Oh well. Forgive me for not going with the times, and how much money US citizens can pay for thier athletes.

klein

You figure soccer stadiums hold over 100.000 people at most major big cities in Europe and South America... yet, they earn less. Mind you, I use to go to those games a lot. It was very affordable.
But, the good close up seats, or seats period, I could never afford. Usually only got stand up only (up high).

P

pickup

United States quailfied to be in the soccer world cup, again this year. (only 32 teams worldwide qualify, with pre-match games prior).

My only hope is that the teams of the countries from which the immigrants in my neighborhood come from are the same teams that get eliminated quickly and early. This will reduce the traffic jams and noise as these same immigrants will have no reason to hop into their vehicles , half drunk, and drive around waving the flags of their respective countries all the while , honking their horns.

P

pickup

***, I was in Ft Lauderdale.
Now back to the topic : 13 Goldmedals for Canada now.
New record for any country hosting the Wintergames ever !!!
Also, tied with the old Soviet Union from 1976 with 13 Gold in Innsbruck !
We should break that record tomorrow in Hockey !

Canada kicked butt.... 13 times (the most played national athem) in Vancouver.

I just heard on the radio that they are taking away a bronze medal from the chinese for some event in the 2000 summer olympics in which they say the team had an underage participant . Now the bronze goes to the American team.

I am so happy. The sun is shining brighter. The crops are growing a tad quicker. I never knew that an extra medal could make everything in my country so much better. God bless the U.S.A. (and if He has anything left in His blessings box, then he can spread it around to the rest of the world, just not on North Korea, I don't like that country).

Me am so happy!

klein

that's funny!!!!!!

Even my Senarettas , cute little things :) :
mexico 019.jpg

Couldn't get that pic upright..:(

Anyways, Vancouver is now the biggest booming city in Canada this year.
House sales are way up (and prices).

The money was well spent on those games !
mexico 019.jpg

P

pickup

Speaking of money being spent, is the girl in the picture checking out your credit card transaction on her cellphone?

P

pickup

The winter olympics are over !!

I thought the 2000 summer olympics were over too but apparently it took them a decade to disqualify a team (see post #112) and thus change the medal receipients (Hurray , U.S.A.).

But anyway, you are right , the winter olympics are over so who will object if this thread is squatted upon? :smart: