Vancouver Winter Olympics !

klein

Für Meno :)
Being this close, it could have gone either way. I didn't even expect it to be this close.
But, I'm greatful, we have a new record of the most gold ever won, by any country, in any winter games.
And , the USA, should be very proud of thier new record, for thre most medals ever, by any country, in any winter games.
You outbeat Salt Lake City here, by far.
Same continent, and a lot of your athetes do train here...
Successful games for the both of US !

Beer (and wishful Champagne) drinking time !
Please watch the closing ceromonies.
The opening ones were fantastic.

klein

TODAY - March 01, 2010

obama-harper-cp-largemetro.jpg

Obama loses bet to PM over hockey gold

After the big game, Stephen Harper is ready to collect on a 'friendly' wager with the U.S. president.

Obama owes Harper a few brews after Canada takes U.S. in Olympic hockey

VANCOUVER, B.C. - It seems U.S. President Barack Obama owes Prime Minister Stephen Harper a few cold ones.
The two leaders had a friendly bet on the outcome of Sunday's gold-medal Olympic hockey game.

Team Canada came out on top, so Obama will have to pick up a 24-pack of Molson Canadian for the prime minister. Harper would have had to buy Obama a case of Yuengling beer if the U.S. had taken the top honour at the tournament.
Team USA beat Team Canada in the first match-up between the two countries in the preliminary rounds, but Canada came out on top in a heart-stopping overtime round on Sunday.
Harper was at the game in Vancouver but Obama did not make an appearance at the Olympics.
The prime minister met with the gold medal winners in the locker room after the game to congratulate them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is where our president is a blithering idiot !! Even if he didn't like it, couldn't he have picked and American brew and not YuenGling (whatever the hell that is). I swear, he's so Un-proud of America !! :dissapointed:

klein

This is where our president is a blithering idiot !! Even if he didn't like it, couldn't he have picked and American brew and not YuenGling (whatever the hell that is). I swear, he's so Un-proud of America !! :dissapointed:

Shhhhhhhh...... It's the oldest brewery in the USA :

I would like to share the great pride we have in being recognized as America's Oldest Brewery. Founded in 1829 by my great-great grandfather David G. Yuengling, we are a family owned company, now spanning over 180 years of continuous operation.
Through five generations we have remained unique among breweries, distinguished by its culture, heritage, traditions, and portfolio of brands. Now the sixth generation is actively learning the business from the ground floor up.

Company website : http://www.yuengling.com/

moreluck

golden ticket member
OMG!. I never knew.......I wonder how many non- beer drinkers would know that!!

Howerver, if he's picking a PA. beer....look to LaTrobe for Rolling Rock !!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
OMG!. I never knew.......I wonder how many non- beer drinkers would know that!!

I wonder if they knew this.....Wait till Hoffa finds out!:surprised:

After management threatened to shut down the factory and close shop if workers kept union representation, Yuengling employees filed for union decertification in 2006. As a result, Yuengling did not renew a contract with Teamsters Local 830 of Philadelphia in March 2006.[12] In response, the trade union began boycotting Yuengling products.

Yuengling

klein

One moment I would like to keep captured in here is this one :
Joanne Rochette's skate, after her mother suddenly died, just after arriving in Vancouver to watch her skate.
Sad story indeed. Her dad is also on this vid.

and if you ever wondered who sings the official Vancouver Olympic Song.
She's a 15 yr old cdn Jazz Singer named Nikki Yanofsky, (probably a millionaire now). Her song made it to the number 1 spot here.

moreluck

golden ticket member
She certainly skated a beautiful program......so sad about the mom.
The second video says it is blocked in this country because of copyright grounds.

klein

She certainly skated a beautiful program......so sad about the mom.
The second video says it is blocked in this country because of copyright grounds.

And who wants to refesh thier German ?

Danke, Vancouver! Olympia-Abschlussfeier wird zur Mega-Party

Olympia 2010
Die Abschlussfeier von Vancouver
Die Spiele sind beendet – mit einem Feuerwerk vor Vancouvers Skyline

Olympia beendet
Kanada, die erfolgreichste
Mannschaft dieser Winterspiele

klein

US viewers tweet up a storm after NBC cuts Olympic closing ceremonies show

Mon Mar 1, 6:11 AM

By The Canadian Press

VANCOUVER, B.C. - NBC opted to break up its coverage of the Vancouver Olympics closing ceremonies Sunday night, to squeeze in a new reality show.

The finale to the Games at B.C. Place kicked off at 8:30 p.m. ET and wrapped up around 11 p.m. ET.

NBC, the U.S. host broadcaster for the Games, scheduled coverage from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. ET, then switched to the debut of "The Marriage Ref," produced by Jerry Seinfeld.

Local news followed, with a return to the coverage at 11:35 p.m. ET.

"Apparently the closing ceremony is no longer being shown on NBC or its sister channels. Here's what you're missing," blogged the New York Times at 10:43.

"The ceremony has morphed into an all-star rock concert, with the athletes, most of them wearing foam moose antlers, invited to descend onto the stage and sway to Canada's best-known entertainers," it continued, detailing the musical show unfolding live on Canadian TV.

At attempt to reach NBC for comment was not immediately successful.

An Associated Press story reviewing the coverage called the decision "spectacularly wrongheaded."

"Those enjoying the festivities were told to come back in an hour - at 11:30 p.m. on a night before work or school - for the conclusion. Incredible that NBC would wrap a show it has high hopes for, and one of its biggest stars, in ill will."

The decision also drew angry comment on Twitter.

Said Canadian Jamie Calder: "So they still think we're a bunch of Mounties, & hockey players...?"

"NBC, interrupting the Olympic Closing Ceremonies for that show was incredibly crass & self-serving," tweeted Genny Carter. "All those feel-good montages . . . wasted."

"Did anyone else watch the closing ceremonies on NBC think that it ended REALLY abruptly?" wondered RMCenta "Did NBC just cut away from it?"

"They did," said Shelley Rogers. "They got the gold for coverage cut off :)"

"Damn NBC. (Why) couldn't you just stream the ceremonies live," raged jellotreeparty. "I'm really bummed that I wont get to see all the GOOD performances."

-