Vancouver Winter Olympics !

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Tony, I honestly believe that the USA has a stronger team.They are younger and faster.but if there is a God we will win through sheer tenacity and because hey,about 99% of everyone here in the GWN will be watching that game,because we live for hockey,while maybe 1% of Americans even care.GO CANADA

You're probably not too far off on your percentages since the NFL, NBA and MLB rank higher here...But this is the Olympics so it's a bit different...

May the best team win!:peaceful:

And may Klein lose no matter what!

klein

Für Meno :)
You're probably not too far off on your percentages since the NFL, NBA and MLB rank higher here...But this is the Olympics so it's a bit different...

May the best team win!:peaceful:

And may Klein lose no matter what!

Nope, our 14th Gold medal tomorrow. New World record in Winter Olympics ! And make History !

P

pickup

Nope, our 14th Gold medal tomorrow. New World record in Winter Olympics ! And make History !

I heard about some Canadian going for the longest record of being on the unemployment rolls. Based on his current activity, I think he will break that record.

I heard about some Canadian going for the longest record of being on the unemployment rolls. Based on his current activity, I think he will break that record.

I believe the sport is called "Teating". It consists of seeing who can suck on the national one the longest.

P

pickup

Prediction: If Canada wins the gold in hockey today, Klein will be blowing his trumpet so loudly and continuously that many will confuse the sound with that of Gabriel's horn and think that the rapture is upon us.

If Canada loses, Klein will retort with "welll, we still won more gold medals than any other country in this olympics" as well as other selected facts that will boost his national pride.

Good old Klein.

klein

Prediction: If Canada wins the gold in hockey today, Klein will be blowing his trumpet so loudly and continuously that many will confuse the sound with that of Gabriel's horn and think that the rapture is upon us.

If Canada loses, Klein will retort with "welll, we still won more gold medals than any other country in this olympics" as well as other selected facts that will boost his national pride.

Good old Klein.

Well, it's a true fact, anywhere else outside of North America (Canada & USA). The medal standings go by the most gold medals won.

P

pickup

Well, it's a true fact, anywhere else outside of North America (Canada & USA). The medal standings go by the most gold medals won.

See? What did I say? He only mentions that stuff that makes his country look good. Did you see those total medal statistics, Klein? I am sure you did but since they don't contribute to your delusional sense of well being, you discarded them.

klein

See? What did I say? He only mentions that stuff that makes his country look good. Did you see those total medal statistics, Klein? I am sure you did but since they don't contribute to your delusional sense of well being, you discarded them.

No, I already earlier said congrats to the most succesful winter games the uSA ever had. You brtoke a medal overall record, and we're hoping to do the same today. Sofar, only a record for the most gold any host country has ever won, and tied with old USSR and Norway at 13 gold for most at any winter olympics. Hopefully 14 today.

We also set a new TV record here :

Games opening ceremony is most watched TV event in Canada

By Karolos Grohmann Karolos Grohmann – Sat Feb 13, 3:59 pm ET
VANCOUVER (Reuters) – The Vancouver Olympics opening ceremony on Friday was the most-watched television event ever in Canada, Games organizers said on Saturday.
"It was the most watched TV event in history with over 13 million viewers," Games spokeswoman Renee Smith-Valade told reporters.
"It is a 29 percent increase from the previous record."

The previous top rated program was the Olympic gold medal match between winners Canada and the United States at the 2002 Salt Lake City Games, with just over 10 million viewers.
On average, 13.3 million Canadians watched the whole three-and-a-half hour ceremony at BC Place.
Airing live across 11 television networks in 11 languages, 23 million viewers, or around two in every three Canadians, tuned in to some part of the ceremony, organizers said.

Vancouver staged the first indoor opening ceremony and tapped Canada's reserves of world-famous talent, like film actor Donald Sutherland to narrate with his signature deep voice and singers k.d. lang, who sang fellow Canadian Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," Bryan Adams and Nelly Furtado.

Last edited:

klein

Well, the big hockey game is just about to start !
Gee, I totally forgot our Hockey Stadium is open today, and for just $5.00 , I could have been in a large crowd, watching the game on the Jumbothron.
I missed out now.... no biggie..... beer is like $8.00 a cup there. Plus parking expenses of about $10.

Anyone want to watch the game and chat, I found this free chat room..... no need to register.... just enter your bc nickname, (so we know who you are).

Password : Anything you want to sign in with.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just seeing the U.S. tie it with 24 seconds left in regulation was priceless !!! I pictured Klein choking on his poutine !!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One of the best hockey games I have seen in quite some time. Fitting that it would go to overtime. Canada deserved the victory but the US has nothing to be ashamed about.