Vandergriff qualifies #10 in Gainseville

raceanoncr

Bob Vandergriff, in the UPS sponsored Top Fuel Dragster, qualified #10 out of 16 in the AC DELCO GATORNATIONALS in Gainseville,FL, Sat, March 17, 2007.

Watch tape delay final eliminations on ESPN 2 , 5:00 PM (ET) on Sunday March 18, 2007.

Photo16.jpg

Sure beats the heck out of a Toyota.

raceanoncr

Bob Vandergriff, in the UPS sponsored Top Fuel Dragster, qualified #10 out of 16 in the AC DELCO GATORNATIONALS in Gainseville,FL, Sat, March 17, 2007.

Watch tape delay final eliminations on ESPN 2 , 5:00 PM (ET) on Sunday March 18, 2007.

Well, never mind! Out in round 1. Went up in smoke against Grubnic. Only pedaled a mid-7.

Watch it anyway tonight!!!!!!

At least he raced his way in,not having it handed to him because of any former glory. I`m still gonna go and give him some support at Joliet.

raceanoncr

At least he raced his way in,not having it handed to him because of any former glory. I`m still gonna go and give him some support at Joliet.

Good call! I agree! On diffrent note, friend of mine won (?) trip to Vegas to watch and meet Jarrett this yr. Said it was diffrent then when other friend went to Daytona a couple yrs ago. This time Jarrett talked with lots o UPS people instead of scurrying out the door after his little PCM.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
I think DJ finished somewhere around 33rd again no? :w00t:

Man, how about Kenny Bernstein stealing Jimmy Walsh away from the JR Todd crew...ouch! And poor Ashley, she'll get it figured out..:thumbup1:

raceanoncr

Unfortunate news about Eric Medlin.

NHRA.com

Yeah, hope the kid is OK after the procedure. Hate to see that in any kind of racing. His fire in the interviews are approaching John Force quality.

Message can be sent to [email protected].

Was with Alan Reinhart some time back doing top end interviews. Started to rain so we headed to pits. Baze came up and was whining about something. Dixon was almost crying! Medlen acted like an adult! Very positive! On fire! You know what? There wasn't a camera in sight! This kid is for real, on camera and off!

Pray for him!

Last edited:

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
I'm wearing my Syntech hat right now! I've met Eric and his dad a few times, they always tries to makes time for the fans. I hope he recovers 100%.

sc044ec562.jpg

rushfan

He's 10th in standings. See ya Jarrett and NASCAR-I've given you enough attention. I'm watching something more exciting. NHRA and F1 Racing.

ups79

We left NASCAR about 3 years ago. All it is about now is money. The heck of it is do you notice when you do watch how many empty seats there are at the speedways? NHRA now has fulfill our need for speed. "Bogitty, bogitty, bogitty".

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
do you notice when you do watch how many empty seats there are at the speedways?

Actually, I did notice that. They also used to show alot more shots of the stands to highlight how packed the tracks were. But now, they do their best not to show the stands because of how empty they are! :ohmy:

raceanoncr

Yeah, hope the kid is OK after the procedure. Hate to see that in any kind of racing. His fire in the interviews are approaching John Force quality.

Message can be sent to [email protected].

Was with Alan Reinhart some time back doing top end interviews. Started to rain so we headed to pits. Baze came up and was whining about something. Dixon was almost crying! Medlen acted like an adult! Very positive! On fire! You know what? There wasn't a camera in sight! This kid is for real, on camera and off!

Pray for him!

Castrol has opened up another e-mail address for get well wishes. All e-mails will be collected and given to Eric and his family.
[email protected]

raceanoncr

Medlen passes.

Eric Medlen, injured in testing after Gainseville, passed Friday after never regaining consciousness. The head injury he suffered was too much to overcome even after pressure was relieved on his skull.

Drag racing has lost one of the best young stars.