Vested year

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Keep employing the narrative.... that somehow, it's the Union's fault.
I have been following along pretty closely; and as mush as I would like to blame Obama, Trump, Hillary, or even the Boy Scouts, I'm pretty sure they haven't been negotiating the multiple consecutive concessionary contracts, while UPS continued to record profits?

It was the Teamsters Union.

What do you think debunked your false prophecy of a landslide victory for the incumbents in the last General Election, where six VP's were unseated, with Hoffa winning by the skin of his teeth while incorporating questionable tactics?

Oh yea, I forgot, TDU?
We just need more participation trophies. That way, everyone wins.
Not a fan of that mindset, but if it makes all of the "BigUnionGuys" who negotiated the past few contracts feel better about themselves, here's your trophy:
image589.png

:rolleyes:

~Bbbl~™

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have been following along pretty closely; and as mush as I would like to blame Obama, Trump, Hillary, or even the Boy Scouts, I'm pretty sure they haven't been negotiating the multiple consecutive concessionary contracts, while UPS continued to record profits?

It was the Teamsters Union.

If you're going to talk concessionary.... let's talk about Carey.

What do you think debunked your false prophecy of a landslide victory for the incumbents in the last General Election, where six VP's were unseated, with Hoffa winning by the skin of his teeth while incorporating questionable tactics?

Point taken.

But, 6 new elected VP's and "what have you done for me lately ?"

Are they going to collect a paycheck, with nothing to show for it ?

For 5 years....

No wonder, TDU doesn't publish the $100,000 list anymore.

All their people are on it.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you're going to talk concessionary.... let's talk about Carey.
Teamster's Rule 101: You can't bring yourself up, by bringing someone else down.

It's these type of comments that have me accusing you of deflecting.

I'm thinking we should keep the narrative within the constraints of those who were there (and still alive), and are at the table now, poised to negotiate the next contract?
As you are fond of pointing out, "those were different times".
Point taken.

But, 6 new elected VP's and "what have you done for me lately ?"

Are they going to collect a paycheck, with nothing to show for it ?

For 5 years....
I guess that would depend on what they are tasked to do by Hoffa, besides attend General Executive Meetings.

What appointments have these newly elected VP's received to date???

I'll ask you, what is it that these VP's have been tasked to do and aren't.....???
No wonder, TDU doesn't publish the $100,000 list anymore.

All their people are on it.
$100,000 list???

Perhaps it's because that is an antiquated number???

If I'm not mistaken, the President, ST, and VP in my own Local would be on that list, along with about 90% of the feeder drivers.

In the end, I have never been one of those members who believe my Union officials should not make significantly more money than they would have, had they stayed in their craft.

The way I see it, if you are chosen by your peers to be thrust into service to represent their interests, there should be a monetary incentive in place to attract and retain the best and the brightest.
This is a notion that is not exclusive to the Teamster's Union, UPS, or the transportation industry as a whole.
It's the way of the world.

~Bbbl~™

Last edited: