Vested year

UpsBubba

Are the hours you need to get a vested year toward retirement the same nation wide? we have to work 1800 to get a full year.

trickpony1

Are the hours you need to get a vested year toward retirement the same nation wide? we have to work 1800 to get a full year.

Apparently not.
It's 1601 hours in my area.
Keep in mind the pension only pays on straight time hours...not overtime.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Apparently not.
It's 1601 hours in my area.
Keep in mind the pension only pays on straight time hours...not overtime.
Your saying overtime doesn’t count toward your pension hours? Where the heck are you out of, all are hours count where I’m at in the central.

trickpony1

Your saying overtime doesn’t count toward your pension hours? Where the heck are you out of, all are hours count where I’m at in the central.

Could some of the union folks on this forum talk to Joe B?
I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.
Thanks.

trickpony1

One punch a week here.

I'm still not sure I understand this.
The pension is all about money.

How is the pension sustainable on "one punch a week"?

I understand how the company contributing X number of dollars per straight time hours worked offers a numerical figure.

I guess my question is:
how many dollars is "one punch a week" worth?

Do pensions that require higher numbers of hours worked bring in more money per worker and hence pay out more?

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm still not sure I understand this.
The pension is all about money.

How is the pension sustainable on "one punch a week"?

I understand how the company contributing X number of dollars per straight time hours worked offers a numerical figure.

I guess my question is:
how many dollars is "one punch a week" worth?

Do pensions that require higher numbers of hours worked bring in more money per worker and hence pay out more?

Isn't it the punch a week for health insurance?

Pension is all about straight time hours.

Inthegame

There are several different plans in the Central. Contributions depend on the plan document. Some plans pay on an hourly basis (most limited to straight time hours), others have contributions weekly for "any compensation" received by an employee within that week. Bottomups is in the latter plan.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Isn't it the punch a week for health insurance?

Pension is all about straight time hours
Not in my local. Wisconsin, Local 344. We receive both Health and Pension benefits for any week where we have any compensation from UPS. Could be one punch, optional holiday, vacation, holiday pay, etc.

watdaflock?

I like vests.

2cfeb3f32e2fe248a61d5de81df67da1--patagonia-fleece-vest-outdoorsy-style.jpg