Veteran's Administration

oldngray

nowhere special
I think uncle Fester was George Bush.

The Obama administration received clear notice more than five years ago that VA medical facilities were reporting inaccurate waiting times and experiencing scheduling failures that threatened to deny veterans timely health care — problems that have turned into a growing scandal.

Veterans Affairs officials warned the Obama-Biden transition team in the weeks after the 2008 presidential election that the department shouldn’t trust the wait times that its facilities were reporting.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...a-wait-time-problems-during-20/#ixzz32BT5clGb
http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ctd-fI3Dar4z1uacwqm_6r&u=washtimes

av8torntn

It's hard to blame partisan budget cuts on problems at the VA while there is so many allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse going on there.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Allegations? Let me guess you've never been to a VA facility? It's a place that's not really about health care as much as it is a jobs program.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most people only use VA for their meds and would only go there for serious treatment if they had no other options. I had many customers who got their meds once a month through UPS and talked to them about it.

av8torntn

Most people only use VA for their meds and would only go there for serious treatment if they had no other options. I had many customers who got their meds once a month through UPS and talked to them about it.

Even getting your prescriptions set up with them is a ridiculous proposition. First you have to get an appointment.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
http://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...cuts-undermine-countrys-va-hospitals/9263727/

The Phoenix VA hospital was recognized as one of the very best in Arizona in the late 1990s.

In 2006, budget cuts were applied to this VA hospital, as well as others. There was a hiring freeze. At the same time, warriors were returning from the Middle East in record numbers.

Since 2008, Congress has demanded continued budget cuts. Perhaps those who are outraged should only look in the mirror to see the real problem.

Jane Hendricks, Scottsdale

av8torntn

http://www.azcentral.com/story/opin...cuts-undermine-countrys-va-hospitals/9263727/
The Phoenix VA hospital was recognized as one of the very best in Arizona in the late 1990s.

In 2006, budget cuts were applied to this VA hospital, as well as others. There was a hiring freeze. At the same time, warriors were returning from the Middle East in record numbers.

Since 2008, Congress has demanded continued budget cuts. Perhaps those who are outraged should only look in the mirror to see the real problem.

Jane Hendricks, Scottsdale

Yet you still think Government should handle our health care. Pretty sad.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Yet you still think Government should handle our health care. Pretty sad.

What is sad, is starting two unnecessary wars and injuring thousands of vets and returning them home to va hospitals tha for decades have been the subject of cuts and mismanagement.

I am sure we can agree that the VA has been mismanaged for years and this system can only get worse when thousands of veterans are being added every year.

Maybe we could just agree that partisan budget cuts have hurt the VA's ability to be run properly?

But then, you factor in the GOP elite, who want military intervention in Syria and Iran, then you could only imagine what kind of a nightmare the VA hospitals would turn into with higher casualties.

But then again, you dont factor in crap like that, its just a slogan to you all... "lets get our testicles back"~moreluck.

TOS.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Allegations? Let me guess you've never been to a VA facility? It's a place that's not really about health care as much as it is a jobs program.
The va is understaffed and its no wonder why. They are the one government job that doesn't come close to paying what the private sector does.

The place is a disaster in general though. I once took an attempted suicide in and they told me normal business hours are 8-4 and they really didn't have the staff to handle it at that time.

av8torntn

The va is understaffed and its no wonder why. They are the one government job that doesn't come close to paying what the private sector does.

The place is a disaster in general though. I once took an attempted suicide in and they told me normal business hours are 8-4 and they really didn't have the staff to handle it at that time.

I question your understaffed claim. The local VA hospital has about one third of the examination rooms converted into offices. There are people that help you do anything from help you navigate the complicated paperwork system to get a special ID. To go see a doctor I first have to check in with an employee, then go check in with my case manager, then talk to his nurse, then talk to his PA, then see a doctor. then check out with a case manage, get the travel pay signed off at the travel desk, then make a follow up appt at the appt desk, then go to the pharmacy, wait in like to check in where I'm given a number. When my number is called I go to one of ten pharmacists that do nothing but sit in an interview room and ask if you really want the prescription your doctor prescribed. When you say yes they then tell you it will be mailed to you in ten to fourteen days. That's a six hour process minimum hoping you don't get lost or someone gives you an incorrect directions to a room(both have happened). Keep in mind every person you see asks if you're thinking of suicide. If you miss your time with one or an employee doesn't show up you reschedule and start over. At any time you can walk the halls and see more employees than patients. It's possible they don't have medical staff but they most certainly have staff.

The VA health care system is a disaster. The people that defend it I think just want to feel like they're taking care of veterans.

av8torntn

I question your understaffed claim. The local VA hospital has about one third of the examination rooms converted into offices. There are people that help you do anything from help you navigate the complicated paperwork system to get a special ID. To go see a doctor I first have to check in with an employee, then go check in with my case manager, then talk to his nurse, then talk to his PA, then see a doctor. then check out with a case manage, get the travel pay signed off at the travel desk, then make a follow up appt at the appt desk, then go to the pharmacy, wait in like to check in where I'm given a number. When my number is called I go to one of ten pharmacists that do nothing but sit in an interview room and ask if you really want the prescription your doctor prescribed. When you say yes they then tell you it will be mailed to you in ten to fourteen days. That's a six hour process minimum hoping you don't get lost or someone gives you an incorrect directions to a room(both have happened). Keep in mind every person you see asks if you're thinking of suicide. If you miss your time with one or an employee doesn't show up you reschedule and start over. At any time you can walk the halls and see more employees than patients. It's possible they don't have medical staff but they most certainly have staff.

The VA health care system is a disaster. The people that defend it I think just want to feel like they're taking care of veterans.

I forgot to mention the parking. If you don't arrive a couple hours early to drive around the parking lot looking for a spot(two thirds of which are blocked off for employees) you will have to park several blocks away and pay 20 bucks. Someone like me that has difficulty walking at times it can be a chore.

Now we won't mention the number of clowns that have misdiagnosed me with everything from cancer to TBI and cost me thousands going to private doctors to get things worked out. I'll just let you guys live with the fantasy of quality health care.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Glad you got things worked out. It's obvious something isn't quite right. Why wouldn't you just use your UPS insurance in the first place?

oldngray

nowhere special
I forgot to mention the parking. If you don't arrive a couple hours early to drive around the parking lot looking for a spot(two thirds of which are blocked off for employees) you will have to park several blocks away and pay 20 bucks. Someone like me that has difficulty walking at times it can be a chore.

Now we won't mention the number of clowns that have misdiagnosed me with everything from cancer to TBI and cost me thousands going to private doctors to get things worked out. I'll just let you guys live with the fantasy of quality health care.

And the handicapped parking spaces are usually taken by staff who seem to have little wrong with them when you see them walking around?