Veteran's Administration

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid blocked the amendments from being considered."
Because the amendments were for lowering the benefits paid to veterans and for sanctions on Iran, which has no place in a bill for Veteran's benefits.

Post the reasons from the article, to be open and fair:

but Republican senators wanted to lower the amount of spending in the bill. The GOP senators also wanted to include a measure that would have imposed new sanctions against Iran, which President Obama has warned against doing at this time. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid blocked the amendments from being considered.

av8torntn

Because the amendments were for lowering the benefits paid to veterans and for sanctions on Iran, which has no place in a bill for Veteran's benefits.

If it had no place in the bill he could have allowed it to have been voted down instead like a good little dimocrat he blocked all funding increases to the VA.

av8torntn

Didn't you know you aren't allowed to mention the bills piling up on Harry Reid's desk?

You must not question the no jobs leader of the dimocrats in the Senate. You must find a way to blame Bush and if that fails just randomly blame a republican for no reason.

roadrunner2012

Troll
If it had no place in the bill he could have allowed it to have been voted down instead like a good little dimocrat he blocked all funding increases to the VA.
That's a complete lie, and you know it.

Cuts to the VA began back in 2006, and have not been restored.

It would be easier to discuss things with you rationally, if you weren't so dishonest and belittling.

av8torntn

Seriously?

What do sanctions on Iran have to do with veteran's benefits?

The repubs blocked the vote.

According to your article the republicans just refused to cut off debate without their amendments being considered. The dimocrat leader clown Reid blocked the vote. I know you only read the headline not the article. Blah blah blah

av8torntn

That's a complete lie, and you know it.

Cuts to the VA began back in 2006, and have not been restored.

It would be easier to discuss things with you rationally, if you weren't so dishonest and belittling.

Well it was your article that said the dimocrat leader stopped the vote by not allowing amendments to be considered. Maybe you should argue with clown Reid.

roadrunner2012

Troll
av8torntn,

Do you have any idea of how things actually work in the Senate? Some of the rules are arcane, to say the least, but cloture was invoked, and the Republicans filibustered the bill.

Disingenuous at best, deceitful, in actuality.

You seem to have a problem with facts.

av8torntn

av8torntn,

Do you have any idea of how things actually work in the Senate? Some of the rules are arcane, to say the least, but cloture was invoked, and the Republicans filibustered the bill.

Disingenuous at best, deceitful, in actuality.

You seem to have a problem with facts.

Actually I do know how the Senate works and you asking that question does make me laugh a little. I assume you have no clue what cloture is. It is the Senate majority leader asking to cut off debate to put it in the simplest terms or should I say to put it in dimocrat terms. Link

roadrunner2012

Troll
Actually I do know how the Senate works and you asking that question does make me laugh a little. I assume you have no clue what cloture is. It is the Senate majority leader asking to cut off debate to put it in the simplest terms or should I say to put it in dimocrat terms. Link
Every Senator voted for cloture on that bill, and then the Republicans filibustered it.

The Republicans, or should I say Rethugicans, killed the bill.

Get over yourself.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Didn't you know you aren't allowed to mention the bills piling up on Harry Reid's desk?
I picture Reed as Newman on Seinfeld........Newman stashed all the mail in a storage locker and didn't deliver it.
Somewhere there's a storage unit filled with the House bills he refuses to bring to a vote.

roadrunner2012

Troll
That's pretty dumb there. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. No surprise.
Reality challenged? Look up the bill. Cloture was unanimous. The Republicans then filibustered the bill.

When you constantly lie and distort, it doesn't help your credibility.