Veterans Day

rod

Retired 22 years
Heading to Applebees today for my annual free steak-----------that still costs me 20-25 bucks because my wife tags along and has to have an 8 dollar Bloody Mary with her meal.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
@Operational needs

Posted this in another thread. Thought you would like it.

253755467-4673155266095405-2323956727299662013-n.jpg
That’s awesome!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Veteran’s Day is coming up next week. Lots of discounts and freebies for Veterans. I like how Texas Roadhouse is giving a certificate so you can use it at a later date if you so choose. That way you can go to a place for Veteran’s Day that only allows the discount/ freebie on that day.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
National Park Service Free Lifetime pass for veterans and gold star families

Free Lifetime National Park pass. Follow the above link on Nov. 11. If you go to the above link, go to the section entitled "Who is eligible to get a free Military Annual Pass?" and use the link in that section on or after Nov. 11. These used to be available on an annual basis, on Friday lifetime passes are now available.
Wow! What a nice benefit for them. I hope a lot of them make use of this.

rod

Retired 22 years
Off to Applebees to get my Free steak dinner that only costs me 20-25 bucks because the wife insists on tagging along.

Drink Craft Beer

My Wife's uncle was in Vietnam. Said his main job was taking part in setting up the radio towers etc.

He did partake in some combat but said what bothers him the most is not what he had to do for self defense at times, but what he saw. Said some images you'll never get out of your mind.

Thank You Veterans!

rod

Retired 22 years
My Wife's uncle was in Vietnam. Said his main job was taking part in setting up the radio towers etc.

He did partake in some combat but said what bothers him the most is not what he had to do for self defense at times, but what he saw. Said some images you'll never get out of your mind.

Thank You Veterans!
I believe only something like 1 in 15 or 20 actually saw combat. It takes a LOT of rear area people to support actual combat troops. They are all heros in my book for doing what they felt was right even though their government was actually screwing them over big time.