Veterans please give me advice

km3

What do I do in the meantime with this pain though? I dont want to screw my pull up enough to get moved as :censored2: over my drivers IS THE LAST THING I want to do. They're good people and work hard.

I think your drivers would understand if you explained your situation. If they don't, they may not be as good as you think. Either way, you need to take care of yourself before you worry about your drivers' work days. And maybe them bitching about their load quality because you can't handle the pull anymore is what it takes to get some accomodation.

The one thing I would recommend is grieving your supervisor on Article 37. They're supposed to take your physical condition into "consideration." It'll probably be fruitless, but again, maybe not and it changes something.

And grieve all discipline, regardless of whether you deserved it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You say this, but my fellow (driver laid off) preloaders who have been cover driving have said driving is easier on your back. Please do not discourage me.
You have a listening problem. These guys have been driving for decades....you don't think they know what parts of their own bodies hurt??

Future

Victory Ride
First and foremost you must get yourself better.....might be a little rest ...IDK ....make it worse you could be done forever.....get checked out

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
No, I could not. I know how the management works and they would guilt trip me into staying which I can't handle.

I have high social anxiety, its my weakness.
You need a thicker skin or else you're going to have a difficult time driving.

If you came in and told me your back was hurting and you felt unfit to work I would show you a lot more respect than NC/NS. Because then I think you just wanted to sleep in.

I think your drivers would understand if you explained your situation. If they don't, they may not be as good as you think. Either way, you need to take care of yourself before you worry about your drivers' work days. And maybe them bitching about their load quality because you can't handle the pull anymore is what it takes to get some accomodation.

The one thing I would recommend is grieving your supervisor on Article 37. They're supposed to take your physical condition into "consideration." It'll probably be fruitless, but again, maybe not and it changes something.

And grieve all discipline, regardless of whether you deserved it.
At age 24...thats a hard sell.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
No sir I did not as in it is gradual pain.
You have been here two years you have insurance go see a doctor. Ask him if this is an injury that could have occurred over time. If so file an injury report. Don't sweat the warning letter everyone gets them at some point and time.
In the future protect yourself, file an injury report any time you hurt yourself. Even if you think nothing will come of the injury. Cover your A** at UPS. Also remember how understanding the supervisor was in your moment of pain. Remember how willing they were to work with you. They aren't there to be your pal or buddy. Protect yourself

SaladTosser

Kill me now
Take care of your back, you only get one. I was almost in a wheelchair because my back injury was so severe. Now I've recovered but I don't rush cause I do not want that happening again. Go see your doc, if you can't work the you can't work, don't make it worse.