Volume

542thruNthru

Maybe but maybe not. Everyone looks like they will get some checks from the government and they will buy useless crap anyway. Plus half the people put stuff on cc so I imagine they would get bored and but random stuff.

"Package Division Director Denis T told Teamster officials on a conference call today that he expects large-scale layoffs at UPS during the COVID-19 pandemic due to commercial closures. The increase in residential delivery will not offset the decline in the company’s core business, Taylor said."

"Package Division Director Denis T told Teamster officials on a conference call today that he expects large-scale layoffs at UPS during the COVID-19 pandemic due to commercial closures. The increase in residential delivery will not offset the decline in the company’s core business, Taylor said."
I have already noticed a drop off in volume for my commercial deliveries.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I forgot it’s Dennis Taylor. I believe him like I believed China when they said and I quote “ we got this fam chillaxe world”

ManInBrown

I see where union president said volume will drop I'm just getting started and been working steady I'd like to qualify before a lay off. What should I do in case of a lay off?
There’s nothing you can do. Pray. I wouldn’t be shocked if people with tons of seniority were laid off. 5+ years. I also wouldn’t be shocked if people got laid off, and never got their job back. This is completely unprecedented. The company is going to do whatever they want. Contract or no contract. I’m in feeders. Amazon is going to be the only place left standing in a few weeks. 200+ feeder drivers where I work. Amazon isn’t going to need 150 empties a day.

MattM

Air volume is a tad lower than say a week again but not really a big concern just yet.
We had 15 ULDs to sort last Tuesday. Yesterday we had 12. Last Wednesday we had 13, today just 10-11.
Trailer ULD volume is ramping up a touch. I can’t get a good count on those day by day. But they looked busy out there today.
We’re still hiring. No words of any layoffs for new probationary employees (we have 5-7 new people).

money will dry up. So I’m sensing a real slow down by April. For now we work and hope for the best.

I feel residential picks up a lot and you’re nda envelope business guarantees dry up.
For sure, less routes for all by next week. Although these Tp boxes take up a lot of space so they may spread the routes out to all.

Upsucks

There’s nothing you can do. Pray. I wouldn’t be shocked if people with tons of seniority were laid off. 5+ years. I also wouldn’t be shocked if people got laid off, and never got their job back. This is completely unprecedented. The company is going to do whatever they want. Contract or no contract. I’m in feeders. Amazon is going to be the only place left standing in a few weeks. 200+ feeder drivers where I work. Amazon isn’t going to need 150 empties a day.
How would they lay off and never let them come back to work? I thought the seniority would fix that issue of picking and choosing

ManInBrown

How would they lay off and never let them come back to work? I thought the seniority would fix that issue of picking and choosing
No clue. How would the entire would shut down and everyone be told stay inside. Bloomberg news is predicting that the damage economically from this virus could last ten years. All these small businesses being forced to close, you think in three months or six months when we are in the clear they will all magically open back up. So many small businesses are done. Completely gone never to be opened again.

No clue. How would the entire would shut down and everyone be told stay inside. Bloomberg news is predicting that the damage economically from this virus could last ten years. All these small businesses being forced to close, you think in three months or six months when we are in the clear they will all magically open back up. So many small businesses are done. Completely gone never to be opened again.
And all the tax revenue lost. It's not going to be pretty.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It’s just going to depend on how staffed your center is. We are running pretty much all 9.0-9.5 dispatches with 1-3 layoffs a day. We’ve had a couple lighter days and couple that were really heavy. center manager says he expects us to continue to fluctuate like this through the foreseeable future; some really heavy days especially when we are at max vacations but for the most part it’s business as usual

It’s just going to depend on how staffed your center is. We are running pretty much all 9.0-9.5 dispatches with 1-3 layoffs a day. We’ve had a couple lighter days and couple that were really heavy. center manager says he expects us to continue to fluctuate like this through the foreseeable future; some really heavy days especially when we are at max vacations but for the most part it’s business as usual
We rolled volume today