Vote count prediction

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
If some of these large locals can come out in big numbers for no vote... especially Louisville, 804 ny, 25 Boston....you really never know what could happen....seriously.

804 doesn't even have a supplement, anyone in my local who votes yes is a special kind of idiot. And people who don't vote aren't much better in my book. If people are honest participation in my building is high from both part and full timers but that's a big if.

wilberforce15

Not really true. Those hourly wages are taxed differently on your paycheck , and it could even out come tax time but not always. 75k is not always 75k to Uncle Sam. Dependents, solar panels, home credit, farm credit, side businesses, cash work going unreported etc. play a huge factor as well.

We are talking about the exact same person, with the exact same house, same deductions, same everything with the only difference being how they receive their compensation.

Of course the tax changes if you make one of the $75k workers a three-eyed invalid with 12 dependents that were cross-breeded with a Martian.

The only purpose of this discussion is whether any individual has more burden on his own overtime than his own straight time. That means the rest of his tax stuff is assumed to be the same.

And that answer is very clear. I can't even believe I took the time to explain something so ridiculously obvious.

Time for change

We are talking about the exact same person, with the exact same house, same deductions, same everything with the only difference being how they receive their compensation.

Of course the tax changes if you make one of the $75k workers a three-eyed invalid with 12 dependents that were cross-breeded with a Martian.

The only purpose of this discussion is whether any individual has more burden on his own overtime than his own straight time. That means the rest of his tax stuff is assumed to be the same.

And that answer is very clear. I can't even believe I took the time to explain something so ridiculously obvious.
You’re not exactly brilliant.

SameRightsForAll

$100 to $200 weekly show up bonus for new PT hires.

What is a "show up" bonus? They're rewarding people for showing up? Isn't this the same as promoting that you have the option to Not show up - you just won't get your Show Up bonus? If they have this cash to throw around why don't they throw it to everybody.

Smashmouth

I'm just saying you take home less on those paychecks. Yes you get it back at income tax time.

So good old Uncle Sam gets to use your money and accrue the interest before they give it back to you as a “refund”. Fits perfectly with the rest of the political system!

ManInBrown

My prediction. Less than 50% of eligible voters votes. The contract gets rammed down our throats on that provision. Why is that clause even in there? Was that Hoffa’s way of making sure he could push thru contracts knowing most people don’t vote?