Vote count prediction

clipperman

31% vote

Voted down by less than 5000

Ups puts out a press release next week stating they aren’t going back to the table and this is as good as it gets

We get this jammed in our cracks day after

Unfortunately I have a feeling it’s going to pass.

55% yes
45% no
100% B.S.
I don't think it's going to pass. Of course I could be wrong but I do expect to hear an announcement this afternoon for the Teamsters. In the event that this cincontr does not pass, we are giving the company an indefinite extension while we go back to the table.

Smashmouth

No one gives a rats ass...they just dont want any disruptions in the little bubble they live in. I know i dont go as much as i used to, because lifes commitments make it difficult, but look how many people go to union meetings compared to how many people your local represents...you always see the same faces there. Not counting a contract proposal meeting, i bet 90% plus have never been to a regular union meeting. But not mailing in a ballot that comes to your house??....baffling!

OrionsBitch

Not...
Wall Street likes it. The Union likes it. The company likes it. Part timers like it. The only employees against it are full time drivers. Sadly we are in the minority.thus thing will pass with flying colors. Unfortunately people think of the here and now. Look how many part timers pass up full time driving jobs. Tons! Nobody wants to drive anymore. They just want benefits and a steady paycheck.

Wall Street likes it. The Union likes it. The company likes it. Part timers like it. The only employees against it are full time drivers. Sadly we are in the minority.thus thing will pass with flying colors. Unfortunately people think of the here and now. Look how many part timers pass up full time driving jobs. Tons! Nobody wants to drive anymore. They just want benefits and a steady paycheck.
Part timers don't vote

Time for change

I don’t know a part timer with 3 or more years that likes it. In fact we hate it so much we are the ones that will stop this contract.

wilberforce15

Omg so is that a separate check taxes at 60% being a bonus check

For the fifty-bajillionth time on this forum and in my hub:

Bonus checks, overtime, double-time, and everything else are taxed at the exact same rate as your regular check. There is NO penalty for getting a different type of wage, separate checks, or a higher rate for different work.

The tax rate does not change.

Good grief.

For the fifty-bajillionth time on this forum and in my hub:

Bonus checks, overtime, double-time, and everything else are taxed at the exact same rate as your regular check. There is NO penalty for getting a different type of wage, separate checks, or a higher rate for different work.

The tax rate does not change.

Good grief.
I disagree.

wilberforce15

I'm serious. Anytime I got a payoff for days it was always taxed at a higher rate.

I still think it's a troll-job, but okay.

Your extra checks are not taxed at a higher rate. They are withheld at a higher rate, because the government wrongly thinks you have moved up the tax bracket. So, more is taken out of your check.

However, when you do your tax return, that over-withholding will be undone and you will receive the money as if it had been withheld properly.

It makes your current check smaller, but the rest of the difference is credited to you in your tax return.

A guy who makes $75k of straight time will pay the exact same taxes as somebody who makes $45k of straight time and $30k of overtime.

$75k of income is $75k of income, and it doesn't matter what form it took.

I still think it's a troll-job, but okay.

Your extra checks are not taxed at a higher rate. They are withheld at a higher rate, because the government wrongly thinks you have moved up the tax bracket. So, more is taken out of your check.

However, when you do your tax return, that over-withholding will be undone and you will receive the money as if it had been withheld properly.

It makes your current check smaller, but the rest of the difference is credited to you in your tax return.

A guy who makes $75k of straight time will pay the exact same taxes as somebody who makes $45k of straight time and $30k of overtime.

$75k of income is $75k of income, and it doesn't matter what form it took.
I'm just saying you take home less on those paychecks. Yes you get it back at income tax time.