Vote NO Explained

john chesney

DISCLAIMER:
The views posted in this video are only the views of the one who posted it, but not so much the views of Brown café or @cheryl, who may not endorse the views posted.

I don’t need a video,conference call or even a mailer. This is a no brainer NO. I’m retired but I got to vote no on strike vote I was still working

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
DISCLAIMER:
The views posted in this video are only the views of the one who posted it, but not so much the views of Brown café or @cheryl, who may not endorse the views posted.

Just to be clear, I don't have a personal opinion about the contract. Don't know anything about it, have no reason to learn about it. You guys do, so feel free to express your opinions and debate the issues.

@tonyexpress left UPS in 2003. We're both out of the loop on these contract issues.

LagunaBrown

over $129,000 to pension over the life of the contract (if working 2080) but we can do better??? I want a economist to review this not a kid. Does he even know we already got two tier drivers in 1997 under Ron Carey with what many consider our best contract ever. Anyone know if he has been elected as a steward, a BA or ran for office at his local. Just because a youtube video says we can do better is hardly enough for me to follow like a sheep. This contract is all about Supplements and Rider language. I know some areas are a "no" and some are "yes" depending on them. I mean this was put out before the regional language was even finalized and FB ate it up.

mikejonesjr

over $129,000 to pension over the life of the contract (if working 2080) but we can do better??? I want a economist to review this not a kid. Does he even know we already got two tier drivers in 1997 under Ron Carey with what many consider our best contract ever. Anyone know if he has been elected as a steward, a BA or ran for office at his local. Just because a youtube video says we can do better is hardly enough for me to follow like a sheep. This contract is all about Supplements and Rider language. I know some areas are a "no" and some are "yes" depending on them. I mean this was put out before the regional language was even finalized and FB ate it up.
The contract isn't good. Your not swaying any opinions. Get over it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That’s another issue why not put it all in the master?

I know there are some local issues that could be addressed in a supplement

But language that effects everyone should be in the master

LagunaBrown

That’s another issue why not put it all in the master?

I know there are some local issues that could be addressed in a supplement

But language that effects everyone should be in the master
Good question. Because each region is different and if everything is under one contract you take away from a Locals sovereignty to fight for what the members want. Your Local may want more money to pension and mine to healthcare. Look at 804 for example, that is a good example of a Local that does it their way and other Locals have different issues. ect.

mikejonesjr

Your a sheep. Whats wrong with it and we can debate. Show me don't just tell me.
I looked at it myself and didn't like it, got the update when agreement came out. Not good for current pters only good for newer hires which is stupid. That makes me a sheep? So your just bad talking anyone who doesn't like it which is the majority. I'm sure your a teamster lol

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I looked at it myself and didn't like it, got the update when agreement came out. Not good for current pters only good for newer hires which is stupid. That makes me a sheep? So your just bad talking anyone who doesn't like it which is the majority. I'm sure your a teamster lol
Kick his arse Seabass!!!

LagunaBrown

I am a Teamster. I think your trying to address the catch up raises. In our Local the part time to full time list is at about 4 and 1/2 years. If you look at it we got a $3.90 raise over the this contract so anyone that is effected by the catch up raises are at least 3 years in. The guys that don't have catch up raises will be getting Full-Time opportunities. Your talking people retiring, 5000 jobs (half that last contract) and 2000 feeder jobs so there will be movement for the part timers your talking about. Now EVERYONE must understand that is not the case for every Local yours may be different but important to look at each region and Locals situation. What is your part time to full time list at?

LagunaBrown

A quick look at your posting history shows that you're a hoffa lover coming on here to play politics.

You're blinded by your hate for TDU.
Most of us just want a good contract.
Play your political games somewhere else.
If your not debating your just posting opinions. Debate is healthy, what are you scared of? Now we can not stay on here all day so lets focus on one topic at a time and I will get back at least once a day. Sound fair?