Vote NO Explained

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

mikejonesjr

I am a Teamster. I think your trying to address the catch up raises. In our Local the part time to full time list is at about 4 and 1/2 years. If you look at it we got a $3.90 raise over the this contract so anyone that is effected by the catch up raises are at least 3 years in. The guys that don't have catch up raises will be getting Full-Time opportunities. Your talking people retiring, 5000 jobs (half that last contract) and 2000 feeder jobs so there will be movement for the part timers your talking about. Now EVERYONE must understand that is not the case for every Local yours may be different but important to look at each region and Locals situation. What is your part time to full time list at?
You sound like someone trying to sell the contact. It's sucks for current pters, and saying well you can go full-time doesn't solve that. The no votes will show that

You're.
Hope this helps.

What would you like to debate?

Sure we can.

This is exactly how TonyQ talks......
14cQ5Y4jrQF0nm.gif

LagunaBrown

You sound like someone trying to sell the contact. It's sucks for current pters, and saying well you can go full-time doesn't solve that. The no votes will show that
Ok first your said it sucked because of the raises to new hires and I answered full time jobs are available to them. N
ow why else does it suck for part timers

mikejonesjr

Ok first your said it sucked because of the raises to new hires and I answered full time jobs are available to them. N
ow why else does it suck for part timers
So again they are only giving catch up raises to employees that are between new and 2 or 3 years in basically which screws many for their time they already put in. 2nd tear drivers will eventually take work away from pters specifically OT. Language changed to allow pters to be discharged from electronics. I'm sure their is more. The absolute least they can do is offer a catch up raise if they want a yes vote from more pters, but that's fine. It will just be voted down

LagunaBrown

Its my understanding that the 22.4's have no protections such as 9.5, excessive OT, 8 hr request etc. MY question is why not?
Yes that is true I can’t tell why but I can tell you that language already exists! Think about it new hire RPCD’s last contract did not Have 9.5 rights for 4 years either now they all can be on the list automatically. Also we have had two tier “cover drivers” since 1997 strike that already dont have protections like 9.5, excessive OT, or 8 hour requests either but they only make part time pension. The 22.4 is actually an upgrade to that job because they get Full time pension. The cover drivers also get red circled at 75% of top Driver rate after 6 months and carry their progression and rate (which is higher than 22.4 starting progression rate) with them to either 22.4 or RPCD position when seniority allows. You see in some areas it’s good and people will vote yes which people refuse to recognize while other areas do not have these situations so it’s understanable the would vote no.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
new hire RPCD’s last contract did not Have 9.5 rights for 4 years either
Wrong.
Also we have had two tier “cover drivers” since 1997 strike that already dont have protections like 9.5, excessive OT, or 8 hour requests either
So we should double down on the garbage, smh.
You see in some areas it’s good and people will vote yes which people refuse to recognize while other areas do not have these situations so it’s understanable the would vote no.
The company is counting on us being divided and screwing each other over, and the union is letting it happen.

LagunaBrown

ARticle 37 NMA

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
new hire RPCD’s last contract did not Have 9.5 rights for 4 years
“Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer
Is this your way of admitting you're wrong?