Voter Suppression

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm not, nor would I ever, call you out on your posts. You've never given me a reason to think you are lying and you can give respectful answers even when you don't agree with a post. Sorry, but I don't agree with you, or the courts, on this. Why is it that Democrats have such a hard time with identification and birth certificates?

Like I said, some people just dont want to hear what is the truth, and they will only hear what they want to hear, then, those same people will try to engage in an argument with a one sided prejudiced thought process and believe they can discuss it truthfully.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The problem is that the law is aimed at suppression of voting rather than preventing a nearly non existant problem. It is the proverbial "bazooka to kill a fly in the kitchen" only the aim is not to kill the fly, but to have the insurance company remodel the kitchen.

Awesome example.

peace

TOS

upsgrunt

Like I said, some people just dont want to hear what is the truth, and they will only hear what they want to hear, then, those same people will try to engage in an argument with a one sided prejudiced thought process and believe they can discuss it truthfully.

Peace

TOS

This is you exactly and what 95% of us have been trying to tell you for a long, long, long, long time.
Realizing you have a problem is the first step.
If a republican told you the sky is blue, you would argue the fact.
If a democrat told you the sky does not exist, you would defend that statement to your death.
See a pattern in yourself within all your posts?
It all stems from a dirty four letter word-------HATE!

God bless your spouse and coworkers; you must be a real joy to live and work with.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is you exactly and what 95% of us have been trying to tell you for a long, long, long, long time.

Its like looking in a mirror EH? the whole reason I post on this board, to show you the OTHER SIDE of yourselves. Now you know what you and the 95% sound like to the rest of the board.

But still, nothing to offer the conversation that offers a realistic argument for voter suppression.

peace

TOS

upsgrunt

Its like looking in a mirror EH? the whole reason I post on this board, to show you the OTHER SIDE of yourselves. Now you know what you and the 95% sound like to the rest of the board.

But still, nothing to offer the conversation that offers a realistic argument for voter suppression.

peace

TOS

See post 78

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So now if Obama loses, the excuse will be that the election was rigged?
Brown Army says the fraud is tiny compared to total votes; if your paycheck was off several dollars would you NOT try to have it corrected?
BB- I'm still not seeing how votes are being suppressed. If legal people want to cast a legal vote, they need to show an ID. If they don't have on, who doesn't have an ID?, then either they get one, or they don't vote. If you are saying that it is suppression because someone is required to have documentation that they can easily get, then I disagree with you.
It raises a red flag with me that this seems to be such an issue with the Dems.

I didn't watch any video, nor do I need to listen to anyone in my preferred party tell me how to think. I'm perfectly able to form my own opinion on this matter.

Again, a non logical explanantion of a nothing problem. Someone said it best "a solution looking for a problem" (sorry i cant remember who said that)

Peace

TOS

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If a republican told you the sky is blue, you would argue the fact.
If a democrat told you the sky does not exist, you would defend that statement to your death.
See a pattern in yourself within all your posts?
It all stems from a dirty four letter word-------HATE!

God bless your spouse and coworkers; you must be a real joy to live and work with.

OK, but there is no God. All of us here on the Left are atheists.

av8torntn

The problem is that the law is aimed at suppression of voting rather than preventing a nearly non existant problem. It is the proverbial "bazooka to kill a fly in the kitchen" only the aim is not to kill the fly, but to have the insurance company remodel the kitchen.

There are lot's of laws aimed at nearly non existent problems. You seem to admit it's a problem, only a small one, but you seem to oppose a reasonable remedy solely because the problem helps your guy.

upsgrunt

I'm going to go as far as saying that along with requiring an ID to vote, anyone who doesn't file a tax return for the previous year, or paid 0 in taxes loses their right to vote.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm going to go as far as saying that along with requiring an ID to vote, anyone who doesn't file a tax return for the previous year, or paid 0 in taxes loses their right to vote.

WOW.... so youre saying Romney shouldnt vote in the years he paid ZERO TAXES? or, you cant vote if you paid zero in taxes but its ok to run for president?

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I wonder if those nice New Black Panther guys will be outside of polling places again like 4 years ago, deciding who could enter to vote.
Why isn't that voter suppression ?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wonder if those nice New Black Panther guys will be outside of polling places again like 4 years ago, deciding who could enter to vote.
Why isn't that voter suppression ?

Because there were 3 or 4 of them, and the Right blew it up into something it wasn't....relevant.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Everyone should take the time to listen to this. They want you to think that voter fraud is 'non-existent. Take the time..

WI-CFL 2011 Annual Conference - Anita Moncrief ACORN Whistleblower - YouTube

This woman doesnt give ONE specific account of anything other than something she heard third hand. Talking points and generalities suit you as facts?

She speaks as if she has "inside" information and she has NOTHING legitimate to offer.

Nothing but conjecture and speculation on her part.

A phoney. Poorly trained to relay exaggerated information.

Why if she had all this information, didnt she report it to the goverment? How does she know what George Soros invested in?

Please...

Peace

TOS

bbsam

Staff member
There are lot's of laws aimed at nearly non existent problems. You seem to admit it's a problem, only a small one, but you seem to oppose a reasonable remedy solely because the problem helps your guy.

I have proposed a better solution. A nationally distributed and funded ID.

texan

I have proposed a better solution. A nationally distributed and funded ID.

I agree with the concept. But as goes a lot of Federal programs that have too much red tape and lack of oversite, I believe
the Fed should fund it at a state level. By lack of oversite, Medicare Fraud as an example concerns me.

If the Fed gets it, they might decide to issue them to illegal people in this country.

Now one ID card that is managed well is US Forces / US Military ID Cards.

But I still believe it should remain state level.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree with the concept. But as goes a lot of Federal programs that have too much red tape and lack of oversite, I believe
the Fed should fund it at a state level. By lack of oversite, Medicare Fraud as an example concerns me.

If the Fed gets it, they might decide to issue them to illegal people in this country.

Now one ID card that is managed well is US Forces / US Military ID Cards.

But I still believe it should remain state level.
I suggest federal level because it has become evident that some states will seek to unfairly disenfranchise some voters. If we really want to protect from the small threat of voter fraud, this seems the way to go about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you want to exclude the vast majority of college students, like my son, who have a net tax of zero?