Voter Suppression

wkmac

People who are on public assistance are basically selling their vote to whomever promises or gives them the most benefits. How is that fair?

Then could we say that anyone who receives any gov't benefit whatsoever that does not pay for it should not be allowed to vote at all? I'm prepared to actually agree with that but if true, not a single person now voting would be able to vote. And yes, that would include everyone and I mean EVERYONE here!

One means to prove that for starters is the fact that gov't has to borrow massive amounts of money meaning everything they do is not paid for by present existing taxpayers. It is future tax payers who are/will foot the bill for which we enjoy the fruits now.

In defense of Upstate's son, he is being saddled right now with future debts while all of you/us worthless leeches enjoy the fruits of present gov't to save what we have. Therefore he has just as much say as the rest of us worthless piles of human flesh.

So who are the welfare queens and who is selling their votes now?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Lue C Fur

Evil member
All 57 states should do it.

th_ru9z4y.gif
th_ru9z4y.gif

av8torntn

We are back to the beginning. It is a hinderance and the republican politicians attempting to put the laws in place are doing so for just that reason.

So now that the DNC has made it official that an ID will be required to enter so the delegates may cast their votes to nominate a candidate for President who is disenfranchised or who is hindered from casting their vote?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How about a national holiday called "Voting Day"? The Right would hate that, because all of those pesky Mexicans and Negroes might actually get to vote..against Mitt.

The GOP would NEVER agree to a national voting day in this country, if they did, they would NEVER see the white house again.

Nice thought though.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
How about a national holiday called "Voting Day"? The Right would hate that, because all of those pesky Mexicans and Negroes might actually get to vote..against Mitt.

Mexicans live in Mexico and shouldn't be voting here anyway. Hisanic-Ameicans is another story.

You are racist X 30
ThatsRacist.gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mexicans live in Mexico and shouldn't be voting here anyway. Hisanic-Ameicans is another story.

You are racist X 30
ThatsRacist.gif

Thank you. You know exactly what I mean. To the Right, anyone who isn't black is brown, or some other shade of non-white, and they all need to be disenfranchised because they don't vote Republican. That's the plan. Nothing racist about denying them brown and black folks the right to vote, is there?

av8torntn

If you forced companies to allow people to take off work to vote that would crush the dimocratic vote.

upsgrunt

Thank you. You know exactly what I mean. To the Right, anyone who isn't black is brown, or some other shade of non-white, and they all need to be disenfranchised because they don't vote Republican. That's the plan. Nothing racist about denying them brown and black folks the right to vote, is there?

You're stretching because there is NO denying; simply proving that a person is eligible to vote.
God forbid that a person should have to prove identity.

bbsam

Staff member
You're stretching because there is NO denying; simply proving that a person is eligible to vote.
God forbid that a person should have to prove identity.

Then put the cost on the government to give everybody a US citizen's ID.

upsgrunt

Why are you so insistant that the government foot the bill; over and over and over?
The government does not pay for my drivers license.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When I vote, I have to sign the voter log(?). They check to make sure my signature matches the one they have in the book. So, there is some type of oversight. Not saying it is the best form, but it's something.