Walker Needs To Go After FedEx Ground

That information doesn't agree with what I have, which isn't surprising since being a Republican pundit and an anchor baby don't mix very well, do they? It's kind of like being an Oxycontin addict and Republican know-it-all hypocrite. Have her show us her birth certificate, OK? I think Mom dropped her here so they could become citizens.
Were did you get your info?
When she runs for president I will ask that she shows her BC.
Your last sentence can't be true, it starts out with " I think".

Walker claims he's going after government waste in the public sector. Why not go after corporate subsidies like the ones that Fred S gets for Ground and Express? There are many corporations that have special deals that cost citizens a lot more than public employees.The remedy would be legal, and not an effort to organize FedEx. I'm not sure where you're going with this train of thought except off the tracks. Walker just wants to break the union, a major piece of the GOP plan.
Walker is the governor of Wisconsin, his concern is the amount of STATE tax money spent within union contracts for STATE employees, maintaining the states infrastructure, helping the private sector provide jobs, etc.
FYI, states don't earn a dime. Their income comes from tax money, they don't sell a service like UPS or sell merchandise like general motors. IF Wisconsin pays any subsidies to FedEx (I have no idea if they do) it's for incentives to keep FedEx operating in the state, thus providing jobs for cheese heads, Walkers authority and responsibility includes running the State of Wisconsin, not the private companies that operate there.
Do you live in Wisconsin? Do you live in the USA?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ian Murphy is the journalist(?) who prank called the gov. of WI. He's just showing you what a nut job the guy is.

island1fox

They didn't get rid of the FedEx RLA Exemption, but I'll take a Democrat over the GOP most of the time. If you are a UPS driver, why would you support a political party that would love you to be a non-union wage slave like me? Dude, you're the "enemy", and you believe in GOP leaders who want to take you down? When will you figure it out? Without a union you are NOTHING. You'd have zero power to control your future as a worker. I guess that's OK with you.

Dude,
I was in a union and also made the jump to management many years ago.
When I delivered packages I was paid the same as the lazy slug on the ajacent route. My hard work and abilities were not recognized under your "you are nothing without a union" world.
I have no problem with union workers,in particular at UPS alot of great people but I bet on my own abilities and can very honestly tell you I am not "NOTHING" your word.
Very warped thinking --unions are be all and end all in your tiny universe !!!
I never let anyone decide what MY future would be.:wink2:

diesel96

Any Boss, Manager, CEO of a company or of a state, the most important thing you can do is to build morale of the people who work for you. Maybe such is not the case for many of you who cross the threshold into management and found it difficult motivating your workforce thru intimidation. It is the people that work for you that make you successful. Actually, if you treated your employees interests like those of the Corporate interest we might not need the Unions. Oops, there I go dreaming again

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Walker is the governor of Wisconsin, his concern is the amount of STATE tax money spent within union contracts for STATE employees, maintaining the states infrastructure, helping the private sector provide jobs, etc.
FYI, states don't earn a dime. Their income comes from tax money, they don't sell a service like UPS or sell merchandise like general motors. IF Wisconsin pays any subsidies to FedEx (I have no idea if they do) it's for incentives to keep FedEx operating in the state, thus providing jobs for cheese heads, Walkers authority and responsibility includes running the State of Wisconsin, not the private companies that operate there.
Do you live in Wisconsin? Do you live in the USA?

There wasn't any deficit in Wisconsin until Walker gave out tax breaks to businesses. That's where the "deficit" came from, which makes it a fake crisis that will allow the GOP to accomplish their real goal, which is union-busting. I know your reasoning is weak, so I'll spell it out for you. Walker gave tax breaks to the people that put him in office, resulting in less tax income for the state. Got that? Wisconsin is just the trial balloon. Public employees are an easy target because they involve state money, which gives Walker "justification" in going after them.

It's crystal clear that you don't know anything about FedEx subsidies, which are defacto, or after the fact. I'll explain it to you, OK? FedEx has the perfect scam going because they get to have workers who are treated like employees but not considered as such because they work for a contractor. The contractor pays them peanuts (about $600-$700 per week) in the form of a flat rate salary so they don't get any OT. That means their true pay per hour for a 60 hour week is around 6-7 dollars per hour, with NO benefits. They're off the FedEx books.

These folks then qualify for either formal public assistance like food stamps (get it?), or informal assistance in the form of things like ER visits, which we taxpayers pay in the form of higher taxes and increased insurance costs. If they can't afford a doctor for their sick kid, are they just supposed to let them die? WalMart does the same thing by underpaying employees and forcing them onto the government dole.

Anyway, are you a union member? If you work for UPS, I'd say you probably are. How would you like to do the same job, but for about $10 per hour? That's what the GOP wants eventually...the end of all unions. You'd be up the creek without a union, but you support a little worm like Walker anyway. Why is that? Hey, did you know that Rush, Beck, O'Reilly, and Hannity are all members of a broadcasters union?

Without the Teamsters, you'd have squat, but here you are supporting a guy whose next step will be the private unions by pushing for "right to work" legislation. Count on it. And do some research.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ian Murphy is the journalist(?) who prank called the gov. of WI. He's just showing you what a nut job the guy is.

Yep, Walker is a nutjob for sure. I guess he's not smart enough to know when to shut his hole. Murphy just exposed him as a tool for the Koch Brothers.

There wasn't any deficit in Wisconsin until Walker gave out tax breaks to businesses. That's where the "deficit" came from, which makes it a fake crisis that will allow the GOP to accomplish their real goal, which is union-busting. I know your reasoning is weak, so I'll spell it out for you. Walker gave tax breaks to the people that put him in office, resulting in less tax income for the state. Got that? Wisconsin is just the trial balloon. Public employees are an easy target because they involve state money, which gives Walker "justification" in going after them.

It's crystal clear that you don't know anything about FedEx subsidies, which are defacto, or after the fact. I'll explain it to you, OK? FedEx has the perfect scam going because they get to have workers who are treated like employees but not considered as such because they work for a contractor. The contractor pays them peanuts (about $600-$700 per week) in the form of a flat rate salary so they don't get any OT. That means their true pay per hour for a 60 hour week is around 6-7 dollars per hour, with NO benefits. They're off the FedEx books.

These folks then qualify for either formal public assistance like food stamps (get it?), or informal assistance in the form of things like ER visits, which we taxpayers pay in the form of higher taxes and increased insurance costs. If they can't afford a doctor for their sick kid, are they just supposed to let them die? WalMart does the same thing by underpaying employees and forcing them onto the government dole.

Anyway, are you a union member? If you work for UPS, I'd say you probably are. How would you like to do the same job, but for about $10 per hour? That's what the GOP wants eventually...the end of all unions. You'd be up the creek without a union, but you support a little worm like Walker anyway. Why is that? Hey, did you know that Rush, Beck, O'Reilly, and Hannity are all members of a broadcasters union?

Without the Teamsters, you'd have squat, but here you are supporting a guy whose next step will be the private unions by pushing for "right to work" legislation. Count on it. And do some research.
I've lived in a right to work state all my life(so far). No one held a gun to my head to work at UPS, no one made me join a union. Is there someone holding a gun to your head forcing your to work for FredEx? Converting Wi. to a right to work state will not break any union, well if it does it is the workers themselves that allow it to happen.

From the start of this thread you have said many times that Walker should go after FedEx, and all I said was.....he has no authority over fedex. Do you get THAT?
Not living in Wi, I have no idea if they had a deficit before Walker gave tax cuts to big business, you may be correct on that.

Do you get it that public jobs do not produce revenue that can self sustain themselves? If you do get that then you should also get that every dime to pay wages, benefits and operating costs to keep these agencies open come from TAX PAYERS. There has to be a place to reduce the cost of running a state, a county and a city. However any place they try to cut someone is gonna be unhappy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've lived in a right to work state all my life(so far). No one held a gun to my head to work at UPS, no one made me join a union. Is there someone holding a gun to your head forcing your to work for FredEx? Converting Wi. to a right to work state will not break any union, well if it does it is the workers themselves that allow it to happen.

From the start of this thread you have said many times that Walker should go after FedEx, and all I said was.....he has no authority over fedex. Do you get THAT?
Not living in Wi, I have no idea if they had a deficit before Walker gave tax cuts to big business, you may be correct on that.

Do you get it that public jobs do not produce revenue that can self sustain themselves? If you do get that then you should also get that every dime to pay wages, benefits and operating costs to keep these agencies open come from TAX PAYERS. There has to be a place to reduce the cost of running a state, a county and a city. However any place they try to cut someone is gonna be unhappy.

Walker can go after FedEx in the same way that other states have done, and that is by making FedEx pay the employment tax that they evaded by disguising employees as independent contractors. FedEx has been forced to change to a slightly different business model called the ISP, where each contractor has to own multiple routes. So, Walker does have the ability to go after FedEx in the person of the Wisconsin Attorney General. Do you get that?

On your other point. The reason that Walker is going after the public sector is because he gifted money back to the private sector in the form of tax breaks for his cronies. That reduced the amount of tax revenue for Wisconsin. Most public sector jobs don't produce revenue because they are service jobs that most private companies won't touch because there's no profit in it. Do you think the state mental health system operates at a profit? How about child protective services? Maybe Walker shouldn't have paid back his supporters with favors. Then this whole issue wouldn't even exist. The larger motive is the elimination of unions. Wait for it.

bbsam

Staff member
I think it's clear that they advocate for a strengthening of the oligarchy in which they find themselves the overlords and power-brokers.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think it's clear that they advocate for a strengthening of the oligarchy in which they find themselves the overlords and power-brokers.

Correct. The Koch's, Smith's and Walker's of this world advocate for a special kind of "free market", which is one in which they get a market leveraged to their advantage. That makes the "free market" an utter fallacy.

bbsam

Staff member
Correct. The Koch's, Smith's and Walker's of this world advocate for a special kind of "free market", which is one in which they get a market leveraged to their advantage. That makes the "free market" an utter fallacy.

But a "free market" that is not a fallacy would not require a union either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But a "free market" that is not a fallacy would not require a union either.

True, but I seriously doubt that a true free market could ever exist with all of the special interests involved in our political process. Remove the money, and maybe things would change.

wkmac

[video=youtube;AniIr_sIrRE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AniIr_sIrRE&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Lue C Fur

Evil member
This ought to get some Liberals fired up:

[video=youtube;6IhaXiAOAEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IhaXiAOAEs&NR=1[/video]