Walking out of the building routine.....Just my building?

brett636

If I notice someone who I want to talk to leaving around the same time I will wait a couple extra minutes for them to leave. Beyond that once I hit the "punch out" key I head right for that exit door and on out to the guard shack. I am on my time once punched out and I don't want to spend a minute longer in that building on my time than I have too. Perhaps in the future when I have the seniority for an earlier run I may find a group of us who want to head to a local watering hole afterwards, but that's still several years away.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We never bitched about the job on the way out of the building. We would meet after work sometimes at the local saloon a block away. You can complain better with a slight buzz. Friday nights the wives would meet us and they would get in on the fun.
With how late we work now it's hard to get buzz before last call.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I used to do that. but then our center manager got fired, the older guys retired, DuI got to be a big thing, bar closed. I have beer or other sparkling beverages at home, and my family, 2 dogs and a husband, I race for the security of home, these days.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I run like hell for the door to avoid discussing the job with people i know personally to get home and talk about the job with nameless faceless folks here on BC