wallet missing

barnyard

KTM rider
My wallet is missing. It has my license and DOT card in it. We have torn the house apart, gone back to the center, etc. It appears to me gone.

Can I still work???

TB

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
My wallet is missing. It has my license and DOT card in it. We have torn the house apart, gone back to the center, etc. It appears to me gone.

Can I still work???

TB

i know for a fact you can still work without a DOT card. not sure about the license part. ask your center manager...i'm sure you'll be fine.

barnyard

KTM rider
The Dr office is a M-friend only place. Everytime I have had a license renewal or DOT renewal, an OMS photocopies them. There should be a record with my center that I am eligible to drive.

TB

Company policy states that you have to have your license and DOT card on your person to drive a UPS vehicle. However, just as most other policies this can and will be overlooked at the company's advantage......or not.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Trpl is right but, of course, the only time that this will be a concern for you, or any of us, is if you are stopped for whatever reason or during a Keter audit. Let your center manager know what happened and he will probably ask that you get new paperwork before you are allowed to return to drive.

BigBrownSanta

Man, that sucks.

On a friday before a holiday weekend no less.

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

I hope you "find" your wallet over the weekend.

Good luck.

:wink:

Big Babooba

You don't need a DOT card or driver's license to drive. You only need them if you are stopped by the police.
My post was partially meant to be tongue in cheek. This past Tuesday, my daughter rolled her car on the interstate. She was doing 65 MPH. Thankfully, she was wearing her seatbelt and walked (limped actually) away from the car. She got a sprained ankle and a few bruises. Because the car rolled, all her belongings were strewn about the interior. The State Police officers searched the car for her wallet which contained her license to no avail. They came to the conclusion that it was lost in the accident. Whenmy daughter got home from the ER that evening, she looked on the dining room table to see her wallet. She had left it there that morning.

filthpig

Don't work w/out telling the boss-man about this. People get fired over crapola like this all the time. Let them know, and if they whine take the day off and get a new license and DOT card. Easy enough.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
A long time ago I took my drivers license, DOT card, etc out of my wallet and carry them in my right pants pocket. That way I always know were my tools of the trade are!

rod

Retired 22 years
It does suck, because it is gone. Besides work, I also cannot pickup my new motorcycle because I do not have a license.

TB

Do whatever you have to to get your new m/c. That's a much bigger incentive than just being leagal for the brown machine.:peaceful:

feeder53

ADKtrails
I make a color copy of both of those document and keep an electronic copy for just this reason. I would go to Motor Vehicles and get the one replaced and go to the physician that did the DOT physical and have them give you another. Good Luck

barnyard

KTM rider
The driver managers both knew. I deliver to a county seat, so I ordered my dup license today and the Doctor is doing up a new DOT card. In the meantime, I carried copies from my file.

I made sure that the right people knew before I drove a UPS vehicle without carrying my license and DOT card.

TB

UPS Lifer

If you know your wallet was left in a public place, I would certainly be concerned about identity theft. Make sure you contact any credit card companies that could have been compromised. I would also subscribe to a company that monitors your credit.