Wally's list- Stuff that sucks to have in load!

oldngray

nowhere special
I haven't seen bees in a long time, just crickets and fish(usually frozen)

I had a fish place that would re-use old fish boxes. I had to pick the empty ones up with a call tag and they would be nasty from the fish juice stinking. Those boxes would go through the system several times and got really funky. I picked up those call tag boxes at end of day.

upschuck

I would have asked if they would like me to get my boss on the phone so he could inform that our policy is only to the door. If they still refused to sign, I would have been walking right bad out to my truck with the first load and marking the whole shipment as refused. Sorry, dems da brakes!!

I came back from a vacation one time and lady in an assisted living center wanted me to take things to three or four different places(not residences). I told them the same thing, that I only have to bring them in the door and place them there, did not believe me, ask me next day again. After a couple of days of packages by the front door, they were happy to have them all in the front office again.

JakeD

I used to like to shake the bee boxes... :)

Pretty messed up. for one those packages are expensive.. $100. Me and my gf have a bee hive and they have enough trouble staying alive with all of the diseases out there now without some *&&^( beating them up.

I bet you kick dogs too. *******

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I picked up a shipment of 3 cases of bees being shipped NDA EAM to California. I didn't shake them but I did nudge them a little bit----they were not happy campers.

JakeD

considering they are in a cage they can't get out of, are bundled around their queen on the inside and have no honey to protect they are pretty harmless.

laffter

'tis the season for smelly trucks. Friggin' hams... they stink.

And I hate hate hate crickets. Had one of those damn things bust open on me once. I hate bugs and insects.

Irregs in wooden crates. One word- splinters.

gingerkat

I wish I would see a box of bees. I think that would be kind of cool to see and hear. I know it must suck for you guys that do it often…but I'm not afraid of bees. I had a huge hive right outside of my door for many years and I loved it.

oldngray

nowhere special
I delivered to a company that flew in live lobsters from Maine for their employees (packed in ice). They had lobster races before lunch.

JakeD

Hot day last summer.. they were out cooling things down. (this is a top bar hive, different style than the commercial box hives)
309363_578433913245_101360875_n_zps49e2ce56.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wish I would see a box of bees. I think that would be kind of cool to see and hear. I know it must suck for you guys that do it often…but I'm not afraid of bees. I had a huge hive right outside of my door for many years and I loved it.

When I got back to the building I brought one in to show our night clerk, who I am kind of sweet on. At first she was hesitant but after a moment she was as curious as you were about the bees.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When I got back to the building I brought one in to show our night clerk, who I am kind of sweet on. At first she was hesitant but after a moment she was as curious as you were about the bees.
We had a bee crate crack open during the sort few years ago...called the fire dept and an exterminator. But when it initaially happen....management was just dumbfounded....like what do we do?? lol That's sweet, you brought her bees....bring her a coffee next time :wink2:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Actually, all I have in the back of my truck right now is an old pair of work gloves, a bunch of leaves and a couple of empty beer cans.:happy-very:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You're not missing much...they don't make as much noise as the boxes of crickets...lol. What are those metal thingys that are bent in an arc...heavy as hell....some car suspension (or something) part? Those suck to load....

oldngray

nowhere special
leaf springs? The 120 pound hydraulic cylinders that roll around on the floor crushing everything and making a horrible racket are bad too.