Want to leave the company

So I’ve been at ups since September working preload. I was pulled to become a peak season driver. They loved me, always told me how good of a job i was doing and how I was a good listener and even the director told me to keep up the good work. Long story short, they had me thinking I was getting a permanent route only to screw me in the end. When I say they had me thinking I was getting a route, it’s because all the sups and the director told me this. I now want to quit because I feel used and mislead. I busted my butt l so I’d stand out. And I only ended up getting screwed. I know I should stay because it could pay off in the long run, but I really want to leave. Someone please give me some advice
so you've been with a company for a couple months and now you think you should have your own route?

Zowert

Unless you can find a job with comparable benefits and the opportunity to make six figures a year in the future I would stay where you’re at. Preload sucks, I know. It takes time to get into full time driving. Even when you’re RPCD you will be covering routes in the blind, at times it can be overwhelming. If you stick it out, get your time in you’ll eventually win a bid on a decent route. Or perhaps you stay cover, it won’t matter once you reach top rate and you’re making more than all your friends that have four year degrees.

The pension, keep that in mind. You’ll never have to worry about medical debt either. Keep grinding, you’ll get there.

Indecisi0n

Waaa I worked hard and didn’t get recognition for it. Where is mommy to make it feel better ? I am so tired of my generations adult babies. Put your head down and keep grinding. It either works out or it doesn’t. If it doesn’t UPS isn’t the end of the world so keep moving. This company is cut throat. Good guys get treated like :censored2: and tough workers get fired all the time. What separates you from the others is your mindset.

xkingx

I’m surprised a driver didnt tell you differently. I told the guy who was literally running that they lied to him. Best he will get is an inside PT position. He kept saying “no they told me I will remain” I finally gave up.

if you want to remain you can ask them for a different shift that starts in the evening. Just a suggestion.
Sorry for the BS lies they told you but unfortunately that’s how UPS management has always been. As far as the woman comment management for some reason loves to say most of their females work better than their males. In reality they don’t care you’re a woman or a man you just have to have a pulse and make their numbers look good.

Best of luck in whatever you decide

wilberforce15

I’m surprised a driver didnt tell you differently. I told the guy who was literally running that they lied to him. Best he will get is an inside PT position. He kept saying “no they told me I will remain” I finally gave up.

if you want to remain you can ask them for a different shift that starts in the evening. Just a suggestion.
Sorry for the BS lies they told you but unfortunately that’s how UPS management has always been. As far as the woman comment management for some reason loves to say most of their females work better than their males. In reality they don’t care you’re a woman or a man you just have to have a pulse and make their numbers look good.

Best of luck in whatever you decide
they always say women do better than men, but that's because the truth will get them fired.

xkingx

they always say women do better than men, but that's because the truth will get them fired.
At one time I was better than some men and equal to the rest. However,with time,wear and tear and my age I truly believe I suck. Lol

if only they’d allow the move back to PT.

wilberforce15

At one time I was better than some men and equal to the rest. However,with time,wear and tear and my age I truly believe I suck. Lol

if only they’d allow the move back to PT.
Every woman I've known at the company claims to be the equal of the men, if not better.

And every single one of them is delusional.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
get out while you can.....you'll thank me some day.

BTW . I'm retired with an excellent pension and health benefits and 7 figure retirement accounts.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sorry after this agree with you on this one.
I'm not saying every woman is a great driver
But we also have a lot of drivers that can wear a tampon too.

And if you see some of these new guys they are.. dear Lord...
Absolutely unbelievable

Never seen one last more than a few years until they start going out on comp or become a supe