Want to leave the company

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
So I’ve been at ups since September working preload. I was pulled to become a peak season driver. They loved me, always told me how good of a job i was doing and how I was a good listener and even the director told me to keep up the good work. Long story short, they had me thinking I was getting a permanent route only to screw me in the end. When I say they had me thinking I was getting a route, it’s because all the sups and the director told me this. I now want to quit because I feel used and mislead. I busted my butt l so I’d stand out. And I only ended up getting screwed. I know I should stay because it could pay off in the long run, but I really want to leave. Someone please give me some advice

Welcome to UPS buddy. They will give you a verbal handy all peak about how great you are and how they will let you come home and * their sister to keep you busting ass. They don't care about you at all and they never will. You can keep fighting the good fight or get gone. They screwed me in similar fashion back in 2014. I left and went to the post office. Came back in 2016 and have been on evet since. Do what you think is right.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I disagree.

I have been a driver helper on and off for a female driver that I know for over 3 years now.

You will not find a harder worker.
Full stop.
And I've helped at least 20 different drivers.

Like any other employee, some are good, and some are bad.

I also disagree with @xkingx though. Lumping the women together as "better" is as idiotic as calling them all "worse" than the men. Just taking bias to the opposite extreme. People are people. Some are lazy. Some are hard workers.

Sure they might be able to do it for awhile but this job wears on you both physically and mentally
I’ve never seen a woman that spent her whole career in package retire with 30 years
Not saying their aren’t any but I’ve never seen one.
Saw one retire but she had spent most of her time in feeders

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I’ve been at ups since September working preload. I was pulled to become a peak season driver. They loved me, always told me how good of a job i was doing and how I was a good listener and even the director told me to keep up the good work. Long story short, they had me thinking I was getting a permanent route only to screw me in the end. When I say they had me thinking I was getting a route, it’s because all the sups and the director told me this. I now want to quit because I feel used and mislead. I busted my butt l so I’d stand out. And I only ended up getting screwed. I know I should stay because it could pay off in the long run, but I really want to leave. Someone please give me some advice
You weren't as good as you think you were. I would bet you had a easy split.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I'm chiming in that every manager at ups in all operations areas, driving, in the building, or anything else, are scared of their female employees and give them everything they want.

That's simple fact across the organization, and it doesn't matter at all if I drive. It's true in feeders. It's true in package. It's true in smalls. It's true everywhere.
This hasn’t been my experience. I would take most of the female loaders I’ve come across over any male loader. It might be the need to prove they belong that causes them to try harder. The handful of female drivers we have are quite good, and one has 30 years on the road. That being said, I’ve seen many women not make it as a driver. It’s not for everyone.

Seniority is what matters not who likes you

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Right...seasonal drivers always get permanent bid routes right after peak. SMH

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I'm chiming in that every manager at ups in all operations areas, driving, in the building, or anything else, are scared of their female employees and give them everything they want.

That's simple fact across the organization, and it doesn't matter at all if I drive. It's true in feeders. It's true in package. It's true in smalls. It's true everywhere.
Of all the places I’ve worked UPS makes the least accommodations for employees. They don’t give a friend, they just want somebody to get the work done.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I'm gone one day....

Sheesh...

tenor.gif

Last One In

I just got 32 total at UPS January 3rd. Come May I will have 26 years in package car. I am not as fast as I used to be; I just hang around to annoy management and file grievances. In my center there are men 10 years younger than I and they run more excess than I do.

Back to the original thread; I think it has already been said. Management lies 99% of the time their lips are moving. They told you you would get a route after driving one peak season. Should have asked someone who has been around awhile if this was true. Compile a list of your pros and cons of staying versus leaving and going some place else. Decision is totally up to you.

Spanky250

Every woman I've known at the company claims to be the equal of the men, if not better.

And every single one of them is delusional.

The record at our center for most stops delivered in a 12 hour day during peak was set by a woman. She did 422 stops. And to top it off she was 62 at the time.

I learned a lot from her when I was new. She never ran, never skipped lunch, and followed her methods to perfection.

wilberforce15

The record at our center for most stops delivered in a 12 hour day during peak was set by a woman. She did 422 stops. And to top it off she was 62 at the time.

I learned a lot from her when I was new. She never ran, never skipped lunch, and followed her methods to perfection.
Lies are much better when they're a little believable.