Want to relocate from San Diego to San Antonio . Any tips

aguilarca619

How’s it going guys I’m new to this site looking to get some opinions on something

I’m a RPCD in San Diego ca
And is thinking of relocating and buying my first home in San Antonio TX
Any drivers on here from there?
i want to move only if I keep my pay from here I got top rate in March.
I know route wouldn’t be an issue due to me knowing mostly business routes out here , I know I could bang a resi route easy

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
How’s it going guys I’m new to this site looking to get some opinions on something

I know route wouldn’t be an issue due to me knowing mostly business routes out here , I know I could bang a resi route easy
You will have to QUIT and become a 22.4 in TX

🧔✊

Shiftless

You are at the beginning of a long career. If you want to move, you need to do it NOW!

It will be at a huge risk to do so since your are already a RPCD and at almost top pay!

So what is your choice?

Cowboy Mac

FT driver in SA. I would do it ASAP. You will have to quit and get rehired here, but with the insane growth we are experiencing it shouldn’t take too long for you to get a driving job. Just to give you an idea, they just took a bid list down for 30 new feeder drivers. Guys with 4-5 years FT seniority already getting the call to go to feeders. That plus some retirements coming up, you have a good chance. Keep in mind your dollars go a lot farther in Texas then Commiefornia.

Box Ox

Definitely get outta San Diego before @542thruNthru gets you hooked on the 542 gravy. Limos, golf, bounce houses etc.

aguilarca619

FT driver in SA. I would do it ASAP. You will have to quit and get rehired here, but with the insane growth we are experiencing it shouldn’t take too long for you to get a driving job. Just to give you an idea, they just took a bid list down for 30 new feeder drivers. Guys with 4-5 years FT seniority already getting the call to go to feeders. That plus some retirements coming up, you have a good chance. Keep in mind your dollars go a lot farther in Texas then Commiefornia.
That’s a huge jump . I have 5 years driving .
the loss of seniority and full time position sucks.
does pay transfer over or I start from scratch

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Not going to happen amigo

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
You might be able to transfer elsewhere in SoCal. You won’t be able to transfer out of the state. You know how many drivers you’d be behind on the list if that were the case?

if you want to be a UPS driver in TX you’ll have to start all over again from the beginning.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Our pension is actually funded in the western conference. Wait until you retire to move to Texas. You can do a whole lot worse than SD in Cali. Make the best of what you have.

Cowboy Mac

You would have to quit and get re hired in Texas. I know a couple of drivers came from the northeast. Drove there for over 10 years. Quit and moved to Texas and started out part time. Both at top rate now. One of them said he wished he did it a lot sooner.

Cowboy Mac

Average house price in San Diego is $500,000. Go on Zillow and see what that gets you in San Antonio. Oh by the way, our top rate is the same. And no state income tax.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!

Im not sure but I think you might be in the same region, I know that the Western Horseshoes around NorCal encompassing a few states.
If so a transfer might be possible. As far as the 22.4, RPCD question goes, from what I’ve heard you can’t lose your title or pay but you would be subject to the responsibilities of a 22.4.

Im not sure but I think you might be in the same region, I know that the Western Horseshoes around NorCal encompassing a few states.
If so a transfer might be possible. As far as the 22.4, RPCD question goes, from what I’ve heard you can’t lose your title or pay but you would be subject to the responsibilities of a 22.4.
Different region, no transfer agreement. Would have to be a new hire. start progression all over. New vacation bank, starting over with a new pension.

Staydryitsraining

Average house price in San Diego is $500,000. Go on Zillow and see what that gets you in San Antonio. Oh by the way, our top rate is the same. And no state income tax.
Average person in california thinks they are better than everyone else just because they live in california. The average person from california leaves california and moves somewhere and wants to change it into another California.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Different region, no transfer agreement. Would have to be a new hire. start progression all over. New vacation bank, starting over with a new pension.
The western region does encompass multiple states, guaranteed to be cheaper then here in California. Though there was a portion of Texas in it but who knows. I’m in NorCal and that damn region surrounds us but we can’t transfer into it. It’s crazy. We’re like Vatican City in the middle of Rome.