Warning Letter!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was simply giving you advice as you did with the other poster. You obviously have not been paying much attention to how "well" the pension is doing. At least you did make it to ONE meeting. Sorry to get off topic folks. (never happens here, right?)

I have been paying close attention to the pension, which is why I have maxed out my 401k. I fully expect the rehabilitation plan to continue past 2013.

Indecisi0n

I have been paying close attention to the pension, which is why I have maxed out my 401k. I fully expect the rehabilitation plan to continue past 2013.

How do i inform myself better on pension and 401K? I have a tax guy that helps me with my 401K but not pension. I admit that I don't understand it as much as i would like. When i ask other drivers about it they seem clueless. Anywhere i can go to get more info?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your pension fund office will have all of the information that you need. You should also be receiving an annual pension contribution statement. The frustrating part is you have little to no control over your pension other than ensuring that you work enough hours to earn pension credit.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
How do i inform myself better on pension and 401K? I have a tax guy that helps me with my 401K but not pension. I admit that I don't understand it as much as i would like. When i ask other drivers about it they seem clueless. Anywhere i can go to get more info?

Ignore your pension and max out your 401k or IRAs. You have no control over pension or social security. You might have to forego the new F150 or jet ski. Time is on your side.

Buck Fifty

How would you grieve a legitimate warning letter?

"Yes, I did use my DIAD while driving and had 68 recording in travels, but I still don't feel that I deserved the warning letter..."

Yes grieve it as unjust,unwarranted, and improper. grieve it, because i guarantee somebody else has done it and did not receive one. Or somebody else will do it 10, 29, 35 or whatever and not even get talked to. This would make the warning letter unwarranted and/ or improper when and if it gets heard. If you dont grieve it, it allows the company to move forward to the next level of discipline without justifying the first. I bet you have no worries about that though, remember your special. Any steward that would allow a member not to file against any and all forms of discipline needs to be removed and replaced.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes grieve it as unjust,unwarranted, and improper. grieve it, because i guarantee somebody else has done it and did not receive one. Or somebody else will do it 10, 29, 35 or whatever and not even get talked to. This would make the warning letter unwarranted and/ or improper when and if it gets heard. If you dont grieve it, it allows the company to move forward to the next level of discipline without justifying the first. I bet you have no worries about that though, remember your special. Any steward that would allow a member not to file against any and all forms of discipline needs to be removed and replaced.

Whatever happened to personal accountability? What is wrong with saying, "Yeah, I screwed up" and accepting the consequences?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Whatever happened to personal accountability? What is wrong with saying, "Yeah, I screwed up" and accepting the consequences?

I couldn't agree with you more. Soooo......................................... do you practice what you preach? :wink2:

Ooooooh come on, that was funny!! :happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

There is nothing wrong with personal accountability but in this case the company is violating the contract by attempting to use uncorraborated Telematics data for disciplinary purposes. I agree that he should stop using the DIAD while the car is in motion, but such behavior does not justify the company's willful and intentional violation of the labor agreement.

soberups

Any steward that would allow a member not to file against any and all forms of discipline needs to be removed and replaced.

Our local has a memorandum of understanding with the company that all warning letters are automatically deemed to be in dispute. However...the warning letter itself will not be grieved until such time as a suspension letter for the same offense is issued. If we grieved every single warning letter, we would need to hire 3 or 4 additional Business Agents to handle the resulting flood of paperwork. Since warning letters are only valid for 9 months, it would be a complete waste of time and money to grieve what will, in most cases, ultimately be a meaningless piece of paper. If a suspension letter for the same offense is subsequently issued within the 9 month timeframe, the employee can then go back and grieve the original warning letter and if the grievance is successful the suspension letter then gets tossed. This is a win/win; it saves the Local a substantial amount of time and money, and it gives local management the freedom to spew out enough warning letters to meet their quota without having to worry about whether or not those letters are even valid.

Buck Fifty

Our local has a memorandum of understanding with the company that all warning letters are automatically deemed to be in dispute. However...the warning letter itself will not be grieved until such time as a suspension letter for the same offense is issued. If we grieved every single warning letter, we would need to hire 3 or 4 additional Business Agents to handle the resulting flood of paperwork. Since warning letters are only valid for 9 months, it would be a complete waste of time and money to grieve what will, in most cases, ultimately be a meaningless piece of paper. If a suspension letter for the same offense is subsequently issued within the 9 month timeframe, the employee can then go back and grieve the original warning letter and if the grievance is successful the suspension letter then gets tossed. This is a win/win; it saves the Local a substantial amount of time and money, and it gives local management the freedom to spew out enough warning letters to meet their quota without having to worry about whether or not those letters are even valid.

Our local doesn't . If you grieved these warning letters by shoving all that paper right back at them, then you might find out that they stop trying to meet their quota. Also, you pay the same monies whether there 1,2,3,4,or 5 BA's at the union working for you. remember the company has to use their time and monies also. Paper wars have proven to stop these meaningless warning letters from being handed out at my center. So I stick to my guns and say grieve any and all warning letters.

Buck Fifty

Nothing , nothing at all. How many of your co-workers are you personally accountable to. My guess is none. You take care of you and that on road your so close to. So far you are the biggest suck up ive seen on here. You need to try and tone that crap down alittle bit and start slowly weening yourself all these drug deals you get. You'll be a better person for it, and a better teamster. Gonna be some growing pains for you to deal with though.My guess is that your soft and have a low tolerance to pain. If you were at my center, I would expose you for exactly who you are !!!

soberups

Our local doesn't . If you grieved these warning letters by shoving all that paper right back at them, then you might find out that they stop trying to meet their quota. Also, you pay the same monies whether there 1,2,3,4,or 5 BA's at the union working for you. remember the company has to use their time and monies also. Paper wars have proven to stop these meaningless warning letters from being handed out at my center. So I stick to my guns and say grieve any and all warning letters.

There is no end to the utterly stupid and wasteful lengths that UPS management will go to when they are told to chase a number. Its not like they are spending their own money. It doesnt matter how much $$ they piss away as long as they are able to look good on a report. Our local, on the other hand, has finite resources and since we have "guilty until proven innocent" language, there is no point in a member grieving meaningless warning letters until that member is faced with the next step-suspension-in the progressive discipline process.

Griff

Oh! Evil me! Pulled into a rural, looped driveway the other day where it is physically impossible to get backed into, but which places my truck 15 feet from the customer's front window. Didn't honk my horn 'cause I didn't want to rattle the china in the hutch! Also, didn't know my sneaking little sup was spying on me. When he didn't hear the horn (at only that stop), he's giving me a warning letter. Folks, I am 97% in compliance with this policy, and hold off only when I know it it completely inappropriate to blow a dumb horn. You know, when I'm in front of a day-sleeper's house, an exhausted mother with napping babies, and such. Guess they are SOL now! My job now is to see how may complaints I can get, and show off my nicely framed warning letter.
This current management team is taking MY company to you know where in a hand basket.

Your company huh? It isn't even THEIR company anymore and it certainly isn't yours!

Hang the warning letter in your pool table room. I have a nice collage of all the discharge letters that never materialized under glass.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Nothing , nothing at all. How many of your co-workers are you personally accountable to. My guess is none. You take care of you and that on road your so close to. So far you are the biggest suck up ive seen on here. You need to try and tone that crap down alittle bit and start slowly weening yourself all these drug deals you get. You'll be a better person for it, and a better teamster. Gonna be some growing pains for you to deal with though.My guess is that your soft and have a low tolerance to pain. If you were at my center, I would expose you for exactly who you are !!!
I can hear the hammer smackin' the nail!! So well said!!!!