Warning Letter

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
They are always there. They just can't use it against you for discipline... Unless it's a panel hearing.

Just keep your copy with the date on it. That way if they try to use it after 9 months it should get denied.

I've is right. You could have 3000 warning letters that are "expired", but nothing can stop management from placing them on the table at panel and casually pointing to them when discussing your issue.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Another driver and I were talking this morning. We discussed that every on car and center manager we have ever had, has either gotten fired or were given the old heave ho. Our files over the years have been stuffed by a lot of liars or falsehood tales. Me I have no idea what is in it. Is there anyway to remove all the make believe stories????

upssouth

You cannot grieve a warning letter.
You can file a letter of protest.
You should file a letter of protest for every warning letter within 10 work days.
You should grieve intents. Intent to suspend or term.

The panel won't hear grievances for warning letters. You're steward is not full of :censored2:.

How did you request off with no sick days earned? Asking for a day off under the table is considered a side deal. We don't do side deals.

UPSGUY72

I'll go ahead and explain my entire situation since there seem to be some knowledgeable people in here. You guys can tell me if I'm guilty and just wasting my time.

I've been working preload here for almost 11 months. During this entire time we haven't had a single shop steward working on our shift. So every time I have a problem or want to file a grievance I have to stay after my shift and track down one of the driver shop stewards. They seem really disinterested in anything but drivers issues. One time I was trying to file a grievance on supes working and the shop steward told me he was working it out with management behind the scenes and that we shouldn't file on them for 30 days.

Anyways, the warning letter I received was for calling out sick on July 3rd. I requested off for that day about a month in advance and was denied. The reasons they gave me were I had no entitlements and more senior people already had off.

I completely understand the no entitlement thing *IF* it is used equally across the board but I am almost positive it is not and I am being singled out.

But even putting this aside, how can they prove I wasn't sick? I've been working there 11 months and never once called out sick. You're telling me that the first time I call out sick, even if it happened to be a day I was denied off, they can just write me up and the union won't even have my back? That seems like a dangerous game if we're just gonna be rolling over like that.

I knew the target was on my back and they would try something like this on me but it's complete garbage that all the shop stewards are telling me no one is allowed to grieve warning letters and the one that was present in the meeting didn't even defend me.

How many times have you called in in the last 11 months ????

Also in the future if you really need a day off just call in. IF you ask as you did and they denied it you look like a real :censored2: when you call in.

box_beeyotch

Who really cares regardless? Its a warning letter, not a prison sentence. Literally nothing more than a piece of paper to wipe your ass after a dump. A joke. Hit em where it really hurts and let em know we play better than they do.

hyena

I was issued a warning letter for very skeptical reasons but the shop stewards at my building are telling me that no one is allowed to file a grievance on warning letters anymore. This makes absolutely no sense to me considering this is an actual step in the disciplinary process. Does anyone know if this is legitimate or these shop stewards are just full of crap?

Maryland - Atlantic Area Supplement
it's your right as a union member to file a grievance ,nobody and I mean nobody ( no matter how far up the chain) can tell you, that you can't file a grievance ! That's your right

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another driver and I were talking this morning. We discussed that every on car and center manager we have ever had, has either gotten fired or were given the old heave ho. Our files over the years have been stuffed by a lot of liars or falsehood tales. Me I have no idea what is in it. Is there anyway to remove all the make believe stories????

Yes. You are supposed to be able to sit down with your mgt team and go through your disciplinary file(s) at least once a year.