Warning letter

Birdblue

I was wondering I was talked to by both my manager and union steward last night about mis loads and was told that I will be receiving a warning letter and I was curious once I receive the letter does that mean I can be fired at anytime for anything and if so what can I do prevent this from happening and what should I do about the letter?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I was wondering I was talked to by both my manager and union steward last night about mis loads and was told that I will be receiving a warning letter and I was curious once I receive the letter does that mean I can be fired at anytime for anything and if so what can I do prevent this from happening and what should I do about the letter?
No they have to go through progression. Next is suspension then termination. But why don't you slow down. It's not a race. You can't get in trouble for working at a normal pace. You CAN get fired for going too fast and having misloads.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

It should work like this LSD
Letter, Suspension, dismissal

But, it seems they make the rules as they go

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
why

trickpony1

The OP didn't bother to say how long they have worked preload.

Can the OP be responsible for things that happen when they are not in physical/visual proximity of their pkg cars?

Who's to say the PT preload supe isn't throwing pkgs on just to make them disappear at wrap time?

Are the drivers or supes doing splits or add/cuts after the OP leaves?

Unless the OP is present to guard their trucks until the drivers leave there are too many hinging variables to blame the OP. I've seen the "three ring circus" that occurs in the AM.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
The OP didn't bother to say how long they have worked preload.

Can the OP be responsible for things that happen when they are not in physical/visual proximity of their pkg cars?

Who's to say the PT preload supe isn't throwing pkgs on just to make them disappear at wrap time?

Are the drivers or supes doing splits or add/cuts after the OP leaves?

Unless the OP is present to guard their trucks until the drivers leave there are too many hinging variables to blame the OP. I've seen the "three ring circus" that occurs in the AM.

I have had drivers that did not want to run a stop that was out of the way. They just put it on another car that can run it.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
File a Grievance for the warning letter.
You can't watch your trucks 100% of the time and anyone could throw a misload in the.
File a Grievance for Harassment and Excessive Discipline.

Basically bury them in grievances.

Anytime a Sup touches a box file a grieve.

Grieve everything and enforce your contract

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
File a Grievance for Harassment and Excessive Discipline.

You file a grievance protesting the warning letter.

Unless you agree with it.

It's not harassment to be held accountable for misloads.

Excessive discipline ? A warning letter is just that.... a warning.

Stop loading stuff on the wrong trucks

Hence, the reason for the warning letter.

You can't watch your trucks 100% of the time and anyone could throw a misload in there.

If you have others helping you load, it's a definite possibility.

But, there aren't random people just throwing pkgs in trucks.

The workforce isn't that motivated....

-Bug-

rod

Retired 22 years
We used to say a warning letter and a dime would get you a cup of coffee. I suppose a cup of coffee is more than a dime now.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You file a grievance protesting the warning letter.

Unless you agree with it.

It's not harassment to be held accountable for misloads.

Excessive discipline ? A warning letter is just that.... a warning.

Hence, the reason for the warning letter.

If you have others helping you load, it's a definite possibility.

But, there aren't random people just throwing pkgs in trucks.

The workforce isn't that motivated....

-Bug-
not entirely true. Random people do throw stuff in your trucks because they dont care

wilberforce15

not entirely true. Random people do throw stuff in your trucks because they dont care

Or because they do care about looking clean or getting you fired. Or because they just want to go home. Or because creating drama is the only entertainment to be found at UPS. Or because the driver was rude to them that morning. Or because they want their supervisor to look bad for misloads.

There are a million reasons for all of the sabotaging and everything else in the hub. And that's why it happens so much.