Warning Letters for working over 9.5

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I miss working in a center that is fully staffed. We get asked what our start time is at 2100 to make sure we have to be off the clock before 14 hours. Last week I had 8 hours left on Friday. And I'm on the 9.5
File that grievance form and triple pay for all hours over 9.5 should be a good pay day.

BigBrown87

My last grievance check from a couple weeks ago was $2300. I've worked over 9.5 everyday since.
Your BA hasn't talked to your center manager? I believe after 3 occurrences the labor manager and union rep are supposed to have a meeting but I could be wrong or just my supplemental.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Your BA hasn't talked to your center manager? I believe after 3 occurrences the labor manager and union rep are supposed to have a meeting but I could be wrong or just my supplemental.
We are short about 20 drivers. Have 15 on comp, have a ton of sick calls everyday. (12 today) plus everyone on vacation. They are also pulling guys for feeder at the moment.

We had a guy at 8 last night still had 130 stops left.

I'm basically going to get 2300 dollar bonus checks every couple months until staffing is fixed. Which doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen. We had 2 more guys quit this week.

542thruNthru

We are short about 20 drivers. Have 15 on comp, have a ton of sick calls everyday. (12 today) plus everyone on vacation. They are also pulling guys for feeder at the moment.

I'm basically going to get 2300 dollar bonus checks every couple months until staffing is fixed. Which doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen. We had 2 more guys quit this week.

That sucks. Make sure to block your number and call your center manager and ORS every 30 min after 8pm. :)

BigBrown87

Sorry to hear that, I guess peak came twice this year for you. Keep putting in grievances it's not your problem about staffing and they know that you are 9.5.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'd laugh in his face. Go ahead and start progressive discipline for their own mistakes. No way that ever sticks.
Things like that are when center manager lose all respect from employees.

Also not sure what cover drivers have to do with payroll shortages....

Brownslave688

Do they only pay you for 3 days of 9.5 per week?

Or for all hours over 9.5?

Zowert

That sounds ridiculous. I’m putting in over 11 hours a Day here in the Bay Area, no one ever says anything. I know of at least one driver that’s reaching 70 hours by the end of his day Friday, almost every week. It’s pretty much Prime Day every day of the year in S.friend.

Getting terminated for being minutes over 9.5 is petty. Seems like management has nothing better to do than harass the hourlies. Looking for any reason to get rid of drivers before or after they reach top rate so they can bring in a new guy and pay him $18.75/hr.

Last edited:

Zowert

My god man.. What part of the country are you in?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

It's National language.

"If a driver is paid a penalty under this subsection more than three (3) times in a single five (5) month opt-in period, then the District labor Manager and Business Agent will meet with the Center Manager, the steward and the driver to ensure future compliance under this subsection. If any further penalty is paid on this employee during the five (5) month period, a meeting shall be scheduled with the above parties and the Co-Chairs of the applicable Supplemental panel to determine what actions are necessary to ensure compliance."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

That sounds ridiculous.

My god man.. What part of the country are you in?

I shake my head, at most of the things I read on this forum.

Either that I can't believe it's true.... Or, there are lot of weak members that let

(low level) management people push them around.

Of course, it's always the Locals' fault.

The Local is weak.

Pfft.

-Bug-

sandwich

The resident gearhead
It's National language.

"If a driver is paid a penalty under this subsection more than three (3) times in a single five (5) month opt-in period, then the District labor Manager and Business Agent will meet with the Center Manager, the steward and the driver to ensure future compliance under this subsection. If any further penalty is paid on this employee during the five (5) month period, a meeting shall be scheduled with the above parties and the Co-Chairs of the applicable Supplemental panel to determine what actions are necessary to ensure compliance."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

I shake my head, at most of the things I read on this forum.

Either that I can't believe it's true.... Or, there are lot of weak members that let

(low level) management people push them around.

Of course, it's always the Locals' fault.

The Local is weak.

Pfft.

-Bug-
My local is awesome. But we are below critical status on staffing. I roll volume at least once a week.

I've been a driver at 4 buildings now. This is by far the worst building I've ever worked at. We kept every peak driver. They have all quit. We had 2 rookies quit this week. We had 3 quit last week.

I hate to break it to you but ups is just an ok job up here. 18.75 and 14 hour days aren't that appealing. Have lots of guys quit and go construction or tech.

clean hairy

so they put 10 hours work in a truck and decide to terminate for not getting it done in 9.5 or less?
What is next?
Management terminating folks because they are instructed to put round pegs in square holes and not working as instructed?

Brownslave688

The 3 days
That's total BS.

I would question the local on this. You should be paid for all hours that you were over 9.5 for the week after 3 days over. Otherwise that's still giving them 2 days with no penalty at all even though they violated the 9.5 language.

Say you work 11.5 every day. You should get 10 hours of penalty that week.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
My local is awesome. But we are below critical status on staffing. I roll volume at least once a week.

I've been a driver at 4 buildings now. This is by far the worst building I've ever worked at. We kept every peak driver. They have all quit. We had 2 rookies quit this week. We had 3 quit last week.

I hate to break it to you but ups is just an ok job up here. 18.75 and 14 hour days aren't that appealing. Have lots of guys quit and go construction or tech.
Same situation in my building, definitely better then last year but our turnover is still high and you can make almost as much flipping burgers.

Attachments

• 63630279-B354-4F21-84F3-DC03A5B8E3B3.jpeg
    63630279-B354-4F21-84F3-DC03A5B8E3B3.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 196