Warning Letters for working over 9.5

Johney

They got him for failure to follow instructions. Building manager/Division manager claimed driver was instructed to not work over 9.5 hours. When he did he was terminated. Got his job back but like I said, he certainly got screwed too.

Getting terminated for being minutes over 9.5 is petty. Seems like management has nothing better to do than harass the hourlies. Looking for any reason to get rid of drivers before or after they reach top rate so they can bring in a new guy and pay him $18.75/hr.
Petty? Yes, but he was told NOT to work over 9.5 and ignored that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'd send a message every morning at my first stop. "Will be over 9.5"

You have a very weak BA if he allows these warning letters.
Every driver in the center should send that message. I would add the word "may". Who knows what could happen?

Grey

They used to send a message everyday around 2 if you were going to be over and how much you need help with. That was two years. Since then they don’t ask or help and have no problem paying 9.5 checks to everyone. Money grows on trees down here apparently.

542thruNthru

Every driver in the center should send that message. I would add the word "may". Who knows what could happen?

Had a driver about a year ago written up for "failure to follow instruction". We are told to send a msg by 3pm if we will be over 9.5 and he didn't do it.

I told the driver to send a msg every morning right when he clocked in that said. "I may be over 9.5 today."

Also told him when they demand a yes or no answer about being over 9.5 to respond. "I can not accurately answer that question because of unknown variables."

Ever since then now they just send a msg everyday. "Will you be over 9.5 and if so how many stops do you need help with."

Over disciplined0123

They got him for failure to follow instructions. Building manager/Division manager claimed driver was instructed to not work over 9.5 hours. When he did he was terminated. Got his job back but like I said, he certainly got screwed too.
That is exactly why all of us need to come together and inform all new part timers to vote for this contract The more that vote the better chance we have

542thruNthru

I think I would respond with, "if I could predict the future I'd predict Powerball numbers and I'd be somewhere other than here.".

Lol. I think @Bubblehead said it best once.

They like to inch their way to the edge of the cliff and expect me to hold them up by their belt. Then when they fall off the edge they want to blame us for not communicating.

I'm always sure to add to my the beginning of my Yes or No "I can't be sure but I think..."

Just to try and cover my bases.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
It's National language.

"If a driver is paid a penalty under this subsection more than three (3) times in a single five (5) month opt-in period, then the District labor Manager and Business Agent will meet with the Center Manager, the steward and the driver to ensure future compliance under this subsection. If any further penalty is paid on this employee during the five (5) month period, a meeting shall be scheduled with the above parties and the Co-Chairs of the applicable Supplemental panel to determine what actions are necessary to ensure compliance."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

I shake my head, at most of the things I read on this forum.

Either that I can't believe it's true.... Or, there are lot of weak members that let

(low level) management people push them around.

Of course, it's always the Locals' fault.

The Local is weak.

Pfft.

-Bug-

I just hit my 3rd check in 4 months last week.

I was over 9.5 (by a mile) on Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

I magically had 8 hour days yesterday and today.

The center manager doesnt want to have that meeting, and I'm OK with that. I tell the guy all the time that I'm automatic. You can count on my numbers like clockwork. The ball is in his court in regards to how many stops are on the car.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The center manager doesnt want to have that meeting, and I'm OK with that. I tell the guy all the time that I'm automatic. You can count on my numbers like clockwork. The ball is in his court in regards to how many stops are on the car.

I had that meeting labor manager ripped center manager’s arse

BA just grinned at me. Never had another problem with 9.5s until the next center manager showed up

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I had that meeting labor manager ripped center manager’s arse

BA just grinned at me. Never had another problem with 9.5s until the next center manager showed up
My b.a. and I have been fighting management for months over the amount of work they continue to pile on me. I've filed multiple harassment grievances and daily 9.5's.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds like a pile on grievance is in store.