Was bit by a dog

Hoonstarr

I’m a new driver just a couple months in. it was Wednesday evening 7/18/18 last 6 stops of the day walk up to a group of people out on their driveway with their dogs out on leashes they say the dog is fine pull on it’s leash to get the growling dog away from me.

When I got close the dog lunged from he hands and got a good nip on my leg on the calf. They were apologetic and couldn’t believe their dog actually bit me they gave me peroxide to rub on it I called my center to report it and finished my day.

When I got back in they looked at it and said didn’t look too bad and sent me home to talk about it in the morning. I didn’t see any medical attention I’ve never been bit by a dog before so I just went home and next morning they acted like it wasn’t a big deal sent me back on the road

so I took it upon myself to stop back at the house to check if the dog was up to dates on it’s shots. The owners were more than happy to show me and were very apologetic when I seen the papers I didn’t notice much but it did say boosters and 3 year rabie vaccines. It’s been 2 days now and this thing still stings

just wondering what’s your guys thoughts? Have you been bit? Is it more serious than I thought? Should I still see a doctor?

Last edited:

UPSCOMPLETESME

I’m a new driver just a couple months in. it was Wednesday evening last 6 stops of the day walk up to a group of people out on their driveway with their dogs out on leashes they say the dog is fine pull on it’s leash to get the growling dog away from me.

When I got close the dog lunged from he hands and got a good nip on my leg on the calf. They were apologetic and couldn’t believe their dog actually bit me they gave me peroxide to rub on it I called my center to report it and finished my day.

When I got back in they looked at it and said didn’t look too bad and sent me home to talk about it in the morning. I didn’t see any medical attention I’ve never been bit by a dog before so I just went home and next morning they acted like it wasn’t a big deal sent me back on the road

so I took it upon myself to stop back at the house to check if the dog was up to dates on it’s shots. The owners were more than happy to show me and were very apologetic when I seen the papers I didn’t notice much but it did say boosters and 3 year rabie vaccines. It’s been 2 days now and this thing still stings

just wondering what’s your guys thoughts? Have you been bit? Is it more serious than I thought? Should I still see a doctor?

I would sue....

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I’m a new driver just a couple months in. it was Wednesday evening 7/18/18 last 6 stops of the day walk up to a group of people out on their driveway with their dogs out on leashes they say the dog is fine pull on it’s leash to get the growling dog away from me.

Have you felt the urge to howl at the moon?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Go see a doctor, text your supervisor that you are. In the future if you get bit and it breaks the skin. Go to the doctor to get it cleaned professionally. Your center team are not medically qualified to diagnose your condition

john chesney

Suck it up and carry on. It stings omfg are you kidding me. We used to get bit and just move along just part of the job. Getting bit by a dog wasn’t even a topic for discussion years ago

BrownRecycler

See your doctor.

Seek monetary compensation from the dog's owner while having UPS pay for your doctor appointment if become serious.

Tend your wound. You got hurt during work. That's an achievement and experience for interacting with people's dog. You will more likely to avoid the next dog's bite.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

You have injuries that require medical assistance ASAP. Add to that, you now how post traumatic syndrome that is making daily living pure hell! Your lawyer will handle the rest!

Go see a doctor, text your supervisor that you are. In the future if you get bit and it breaks the skin. Go to the doctor to get it cleaned professionally. Your center team are not medically qualified to diagnose your condition
That is just being a piss poor supervisor. Any good sup would have went to the owners home and verified they the dog had all of it's shots.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I’ve been told to sue a lot do they kill the dog at that point I’d rather not have that happen to a pet
So you’d rather a Girl Scout get mauled? Besides protection animals, dogs that bite have no place in this world and owners who can’t control their animals shouldn’t have any.

I have zero tolerance for this kind of stuff. Sure the dog nips someone this time, what about next time when a 5 year old is running his big wheel by that house?

Around here if a dog bites someone, the county/state requires a sign permanently placed in the yard informing everyone an animal that bites lives there.

F

Frankie's Friend

Drivers in our area get $5,000 from the owners insurance co if they're bit and $10,000 if bit in the face.
So you’d rather a Girl Scout get mauled? Besides protection animals, dogs that bite have no place in this world and owners who can’t control their animals shouldn’t have any.

I have zero tolerance for this kind of stuff. Sure the dog nips someone this time, what about next time when a 5 year old is running his big wheel by that house?

Around here if a dog bites someone, the county/state requires a sign permanently placed in the yard informing everyone an animal that bites lives there.
This is a great post.

Remember, the company sent you to that address to deliver. It's on them to:
Take care of your medical expenses including time off work and for dr appointments in relation to that injury.
And,
They should put a note in the diad to warn drivers of that address having a dog that bites. Notes in the board should be looked at before you get to that stop so you can be aware of the situation before you get out of the truck.

Drivers in our area get $5,000 from the owners insurance co if they're bit and $10,000 if bit in the face.

This is a great post.

Remember, the company sent you to that address to deliver. It's on them to:
Take care of your medical expenses including time off work and for dr appointments in relation to that injury.
And,
They should put a note in the diad to warn drivers of that address having a dog that bites. Notes in the board should be looked at before you get to that stop so you can be aware of the situation before you get out of the truck.
That's only if you don't get a lawyer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

1. Go to Dr.

2. Call attorney

3. Get paid

F

Frankie's Friend

Workman's comp will pay you a certain amount for a permanent scar depending on the size and placement of it, then they will sue the homeowners for any pay out plus medical bills. He made a mistake by not going to the hospital .
He's new.
I’ve been told to sue a lot do they kill the dog at that point I’d rather not have that happen to a pet
Their insurance company may drop them when they pay out for the dog bite. That's not your problem.
You weren't there visiting, you were working. Dont let the management make you feel bad for getting bit. They often try.

You will more likely to avoid the next dog's bite.
Truth.