was fired from ups

upser1965

Has anyone ever been fired for being dishonest? A person I know was fired from UPS for dishonesty. This person had a meeting with higher management one week. This individual was asked questions about his/her personal life. This UPSer denied what they were asking for personal reasons. Another UPS er management was asked the same personal questions. The person also denied. 2weeks later both were brought back in for questioning. One stuck with his/her story the other was interviewed and was told that the other involved individual spilled his/her guts and told them everything. When in reality this UPSer did not. So hearing this trickery from Higher management the individual went along with it. He/she was tricked and fired right there on the spot. This idividual was forced to sign the resignation form. Was very upset not realizing what he/she was doing. Also was told to sign form saying he/she no longer wanted Union representation.
Is there any justice in this and is there anyone out that had this happen to them? Both individuals were terminated!

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Why dnid this individual sign the forms? Did management force a pen into this individual's hand and provide the energy for this individual's hand to sign the documents?
I wouldn't reveal anything about my life that I did on my time to my manager. Whether he thinks he knows about it or not. Just continue on with work.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
My steward always said "Sign nothing but your paycheck."

Also, This individual should have never entered the office without union representation in the first place.

OldManAllowance

What did the UPSer do? Did he/she do something dishonest? If they are clean, what did they have to hide, or fear? There is recourse even for non union people, that is if they are honest.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
If someone is guilty--they need to leave the company.Because they were guilty and fired or terminated incorrectly------sounds like Clinton---you can Impeach me but I am not leaving!!!!

Usually mamangement is terminated for lying about something they did-----they probably wouldn't get terminated for what they did--but when they lie----it is called an Integrity situation------and it is See Ya later--don't let the door hit you on the way out!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You said management was asking questions about the upsers personal life??Whats that any of ups managements business. Unless they are selling drugs or have a DUI or something that can affect their driving, whats it any of managements business. Your post seems a little odd.

Fishcat

In my 27 years at UPS -- I have Never seen anyone get fired that didn't deserve it-- on the other hand I've seen some who didn't get fired that did deserve it. Sounds like there was something there regarding dishonesty--or the event wouldn't even have taken place.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
dishonesty on the job is one thing. Having management ask you personal life questions then have another upser lie about it to fire you is bull****. If this person had a shop stewart in the office at time of questioning then a termination probably would have never happen. I dont always agree on that the union does with protecting absolute slackers at this company but Im glad they are behind someone who doesnt fully understand what they are doing or actually never did anything are are being questioned or fired anyway. The union has a great record of getting your job back. I have seen management be fired for dishonesty also. If you had a district or regional management person be dishonest then they probably would be gone too. But there is a fine line between being sly and sneaky and being dishonest. thats where the union can be very useful.

T

trucker1946

I was a shop steward for 30 years,now retired,you do not have talk nor sign any document without a steward or union rep present,if your post is legitiment either they were stupid or naive.You have rights (use them),now their is no recourse,why tell these idiots in management anything that does not apply to work,if you let them get into your head they own you,think before you react.Good luck :thumbup1:

diadlover

upser1965, tell your friend to stop being the "office ****" so at her new job she won't have anything to worry about.

Last edited:

upser1965

Why dnid this individual sign the forms? Did management force a pen into this individual's hand and provide the energy for this individual's hand to sign the documents?
I wouldn't reveal anything about my life that I did on my time to my manager. Whether he thinks he knows about it or not. Just continue on with work.
he was told if he did not sign the resignation form and it went to arbitration they would make sure that any new jb he interviewed for it would show he was fired for being dishonest. If he did sign it they would show she left UPS for personal reasons. He was having a romantic relation with another male supervisor. To protect there privacy which most gay people due they lied about there relationship. They were not living together and the supervisor never gave special treatment to this worker. A union steward was present.

upser1965

They were having a relationship. Supervisor and a union member. They lied about there relationship to protect there privacy. They dd not get fired for the relationship but for lying.

upser1965

They were having a relationship. Supervisor and a union member. Tey are not living together but do have feelings for one another. When asked at the first meeting they both denied to protect there privacy. The second meeting they were taken to seperate rooms and asked if they were having a relationship? The supervisor denied. When union member was questioned they told him the other confessed everything so she went along with it. Fired on the spot. The supervisor had already given her 2 wk notice but was asked to leave that day.

upser1965

Thank you! They were having a relationship. Union member and supervisor. They lied to protect there privacy not to get away with something. They do not even live together. I know it is not looked on as a good thing when a sup is with a union member but it usually the sup that gets in trouble not the union member. So they had to trick them into being dishonest to fire them.

upser1965

they were having a relationship union member and supervisor. They lied to protect there privacy. They were not living together. The sup had already given his 2 wk notice. They couldn't fire them for the relationship but tricked them into lying and fired thje union member and made the sup leave. They said he would get paid for the following week but was walked out of the building. The union member was fired on the spot. There was a union steward there. He still let him sign the paper saying he wanted to resign. The management team that interviewed them was yelling and pounding his fist on the table. The union member was frightened. Told to sign or they would show he was fired for dishonestyy. If signed they would show he left for personal reasons. It would look better when looking for a new job. He really felt he had no choice.