Was Friday Optional

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
maybe not a UPS holiday any more, but until you take it out my contract it sure is a teamster holiday and strictly voluntary to work it for double time plus 8

A full-time seniority employee shall be paid for the following holidays, provided the employee works a minimum of two (2) days during the holiday week: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve Day.

(c) No employees shall be scheduled to work on a Sunday or on any
of the holidays specified in this Agreement
, but this provision shall
not apply to employees whose regular schedule of work extends
into Sundays or holiday hours.
oh neat i never knew it was in the contract

guess i’m wrong

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
... can view timecard on UPSers.

They better make a correction to be 8hrs Holiday each day from working as a cover within 15 days prior (every day).

If you point out the issue they might still have time to fix it by the time they finish processing checks this week.

Zowert

Jacksonville is its own state, where drunken brawls in front of the local Waffle House at 2am are not only legal but encouraged. If the police show up it’s just to make sure everyone has a weapon.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm curious---'if" your new contract ever gets finalized is Black Friday no longer a UPS holiday? When I first started it wasn't but it was just one more thing that was fought for and added to the contract. It will be a shame if you pusillanimous gave it up.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm curious---'if" your new contract ever gets finalized is Black Friday no longer a UPS holiday? When I first started it wasn't but it was just one more thing that was fought for and added to the contract. It will be a shame if you pusillanimous gave it up.
We still have it as a holiday in our region. Hopefully no other areas caved in and gave it up.