Washing trucks.

trickpony1

If you can’t see your nuts you’ve got bigger problems than dirty wheels.

Where's indecision?
He still has one more day to totally destroy his resolution of a December free of allusions.

January brings a new year and, yet, another resolution.

Kick it back.

Boston25

For those of you that was cars how much time are you aloud for an A,B, and C wash?
They made it a big deal in our building to have all the trucks washed. Monday would be trucks ending in 0-1 and so on. Then the car wash started having issues and they closed it.

JustDeliverIt

Our car wash was "Closed for Maintenance" almost all summer & fall. Then it was too cold to open. We had a couple of warm days in the 40's last week so they opened it up. As I went in, none of the brushes worked, just sprayed water the whole way through. Good thing they fixed it.

BiggieBrown

It's supposed to be 15 minute for the outside.

At my hub washing cars is the biggest problem every night. We got a new district manager and he decided to bring the hammer down and declare that we could wash every single truck every night, then got mad when we were staying right up to 5 hour shifts and sometimes even on overtime. Said he was going to start firing people because we were running the show.
The whole thing is a :censored2:ing joke.
We haven't even had soap for 3 months.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's supposed to be 15 minute for the outside.

At my hub washing cars is the biggest problem every night. We got a new district manager and he decided to bring the hammer down and declare that we could wash every single truck every night, then got mad when we were staying right up to 5 hour shifts and sometimes even on overtime. Said he was going to start firing people because we were running the show.
The whole thing is a :censored2:ing joke.
We haven't even had soap for 3 months.

Wash in dirty water.

Work as directed.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My Forest Park Hub doesn't have a real Car Wash. The other four Atlanta hubs do have one but UPS doesn't care what it's fleet on the Southside looks like. Bent fenders, busted hoods, bare metal scrapes all the way down the frame rails, car numbers and logos worn off. My package car might get rinsed off twice a year if I'm lucky. I have to carry a bottle of window cleaner if I want to see out of my windows. Safety last.
Come on Scratch, it never rains there?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Come on Scratch, it never rains there?
We have been in a drought for about two weeks now, its supposed to rain like crazy this weekend. Since they spot my package car outside hopefully it will get rinsed off.

flappybutt

My center manager got his ass handed to him after we started filing grievences on unsafe and unsanitary trucks. Now someone's got one job to hand wash all trucks throughout the week.

KoennenTiger

IF you’re a driver... don’t wash unless it’s OT. Get that 8hr guarantee under your classification.

Then let your wash/porter know that you washed your truck so they can file a grievance for missed wages if they get cut short any day that week.

I would but none of them speak English

flappybutt

What article did u file that on ?
Article 18 Section 1. Employeesʼ Rights—
Equipment, Vehicles and Conditions
The Employer shall not require employees to take out on the streets
or highways any vehicle, or use any type of equipment, that is not
in a safe operating condition or equipped with the safety appliances
prescribed by law. First line trailers will be swept on a daily basis.
All package cars and tractors will be maintained in a clean and
sanitary condition including mirrors and windows.