Wasnt able to make it to my location today. Am i fired?

sterben

Hello, im a seasonal driver helper thats been working for the past week in my local area. Well today i get a call from my coordinator to have me drive over an hour away to a new location and meet my driver. I told the coordinator i wouldnt be able to make it even if i wanted to because of the snow storm and due to not having enough time to get there. The coordinator said "ok" and just hung up. Am i fired or will they call me again tomorrow?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hello, im a seasonal driver helper thats been working for the past week in my local area. Well today i get a call from my coordinator to have me drive over an hour away to a new location and meet my driver. I told the coordinator i wouldnt be able to make it even if i wanted to because of the snow storm and due to not having enough time to get there. The coordinator said "ok" and just hung up. Am i fired or will they call me again tomorrow?
If they’re wanting you to drive over an hour for a few hour’s work it sounds like you’d be better off if they DID fire you.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
you seasonal helpers are totally disposable to ups. work and get paid or dont and dont. come january your all fired en masse including the temp they hired to coordinate you. until then they need you. you'll work tomorrow

sterben

If they’re wanting you to drive over an hour for a few hour’s work it sounds like you’d be better off if they DID fire you.

I couldnt believe it when they told me, you would think they would have people in that area to help, but i guess not. But yeah it definitely wasnt worth the drive.

sterben

you seasonal helpers are totally disposable to ups. work and get paid or dont and dont. come january your all fired en masse including the temp they hired to coordinate you. until then they need you. you'll work tomorrow

Oh for sure, im well aware im expendable. Im just doing this UPS job until my real job calls me back to work. I am layed off for a few months. Thanks for the answer.

542thruNthru

No you're not fired. I'm sure many people told him no.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Yes.
UPS demands that people be reliable. You've proved you are not. Don't bother showing up anymore

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I replaced you so you are good.
We had one of those preloaders that randomly puts packages on the wrong shelf and illegibly scribbles the wrong hin number.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
4c8d0cf0-00a2-0132-6fec-0add9426c766.gif

dudebro

I did that job. You try to marry up drivers and helpers because consistency reduces problems.

It already sounds like you were at the bottom of the list getting sent to a new driver. My guess is you're still there. If you want some hours, it's better to call the helper coordinator and lobby for a spot reasonably close. I wouldn't drive an hour ever, you're losing money on that deal.

If you don't want the hours, the coordinator will get to your name near the bottom, or not.

watdaflock?

You're not really hired, anyways. Bring your driver coffee and donuts, if you are called back. It's the only chance for you to actually get hired permanently.