Sparky

Around here buses are required to
1. come to complete stop
2. turn on hazard lights
3. open door look and listen for train
4. proceed w. caution
5. once clear turn off hazard lights
This is at all RR crossings weather gated or not
Tell that to the school busses around here, if I had a dash cam in the truck I would have had one fired every week, whether it be speeding, failure to yeild, running red lights, or plain reckless driving. But hey I can't record on company property.

BootsOnTarmac

I see that also with school busses in my area. They go thru the steps as required at train crossings, but the wheels are still turning, rarely coming to a complete stop. I have been proactive and have spoken to my child's bus driver (who is excellent at her job) to remind other drivers of their professional responsibility. Next time I see an infraction I will take the bus number and call the district / company ASAP. I encourage others to do this, whether you have children bussed or not. I have no problem with my kid being late or getting on the bus earlier in order to get to school safe.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Preventable, even though signal was malfunctioning. A professional would be checking. Note the Ground truck didn't check either.
Both of them were Ground trucks. The one that was wrecked couldn't be saved by the camouflaged logo.

train-fedex-truck-cras_1485302081203_53933767_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ahh. Good catch. I just assumed it was Freight due to the colors. Hmm. Aren't Freight trailers company assets? Gee, Wally, unless Fred sold Boris that trailer, he isn't using contractor equipment, but FedEx Corporation assets.
Ah ha! Well @bbsam, what's your take on that?

STFXG

Turns out a UTA employee lifted the cross guards and it wasn't because of the weather. He's been fired. Crazy!